Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
Hi I'm new here 44 years old female looking for help have no where or anyone to turn to my hubby thinks I'm nuts or I can't get him understand . Lost both my parents back 2 years ago I'm truly alone . My daughter is so busy seems like . Trying get doc appt . I can barely walk some days hurt everywhere hurts to be touched sometimes well most of time . Tired but then overlaps with aniexty chest pains pounding heart. Scared most everyday not sure what is going on. I haven't felt well in few years. Off in on flare ups? Not sure. But it's steadily gettin worse and worse. I'm 44 feel 80. Scared something might be wrong with heart or more serious. But I have felt all symptoms I'm having off and on 2- 4 years. Literally am scared in my own skin . Thank you for listening. Dawn need a helping hand ear advice anything:(

Hello dawn,
Sounds like u are having panic attacks to me. Have u told your Dr about this ?
A lot of us don't have ppl to turn to.so your not alone.but believe me when I say ppl here no and care how your doing.its not easy trying to get well ppl to understand we hurt, they see us looking ok and think we're lying.2015 and ppl still think u need a wheel chair to have an illness .
Get the old man In here ,let him read others posts,there's no point giving up and sobbing .and yes I do that to some times.
What I mean is ,life might not be the way u hoped it would be ,but as long as u keep fighting you got one. Drag his ass to the dr with you and ask the Dr to explain what u have,
If he simple won't then you have us here .u can jump up and down shout cry or just vent.we don't mind abit.

Hi Dawn,

Forgetmenot has some good advice. I just want to add that it is a good idea to keep a written log of your symptoms. There is a post from Cmetryme about it. A logbook will help you explain the situation to your doctor. It will also help you keep track of whether any treatments you start are working.

I'm glad you are going to the doctor; hopefully you will be able to find some relief.

The log book might help your husband as well. This is crazy stuff happening to our bodies, but it is very real. I am in a drug study for fibromyalgia and have to do a phone log every night and report how I slept and the amount of pain I had. Very interesting for me to acknowledge this every day. I don't know if I'm on the experimental drug or the placebo as my symptoms are only mildly better, but I have learned a lot about my own body just by noting it each day. I haven't started to yet, but I think adding food, physical activity, brain stress, emotional stress, and weather conditions would all be interesting data to look at each day in a log book. It's raining here and my face feels like it's going to implode, but all of the other factors were pretty good today. I say, show him this site and start keeping a log that you can show him. Rate all of the above mentioned factors from 1-10 with 10 being the worst possible. Can't argue with data!

Thank you so much :) I ended up in er last night blood work find basic ekg fine. How come I hurt why? Can't sleep aniexty all my joints hurt muscles . I feel horrible . I can't get into doc til October 28.. :( is it common feel nausea with fibro? Or aniexty feel like heart pounding all time. Some mornings I can barely walk. Just new to all this need a expert I don't know how or where to begin. Other than my er trip was a waste of time. All I wanna do is sleep lack energy but when I sleep to much well here comes aniexty. Maybe someone can show me where go on forums so overvwhelming guess cause I'm new no idea what in doing lol. Hope u all had bless n wonderful day ! Thank u so much for replies very greatful :)

I've had bots of anxiety a couple of times. Took an herbal remedy with holy basil. Only half believed it would work and was amazed that it did! I know if it crops up again I'll go get a bottle. One time used the drops. Couldn't find them the second time, so took pills. Just took the dose recommended every day for a month or so. It might be worth trying.

Ty very much for info I try looking into that :) just can't wait get answers and to feel little better "shrug" hope ur day been well

A lot of people with fibromyalgia also have IBS, which can cause a lot of digestive problems. The anxiety you are feeling can do that too.

I've found that when my pain is bad I have really bad anxiety and vice versa. All the symptoms seem to rise and fall together (pain, fatigue, sleep disturbance, brain fog, anxiety). These symptoms are all self reinforcing, so anxiety can make it harder to sleep, which makes the pain and fatigue worse, which makes the anxiety worse and so on.

I was having really bad anxiety in July during a flare (I posted here about it and I got lots of good advice, sympathy and support - this is a good place). Some of the things that helped me out of that downward spiral are:
- good listeners; it is very reassuring to know people understand and cste about you
- writing about my anxieties; this helped me let them go
- removing unnecessary stressors; one of our friendships had become toxic. It was stressful to let it go, but better in the long run
- light physical activity every day; even if I could only walk 50 feet, it helped me feel better. Swimming is great if you can do it.
- but also resting when tired; even 10 minutes makes a big difference
- meditation; it is hard for me to meditate when I'm anxious and it takes practice, but it does help
- take several deep beaths; doing this lets my body know I'm safe and helps me relax

I hope this is helpful. I really feel for what you are going through. I felt very much the same while I was in the process of getting diagnosed.

Is there any natural remedies I can do help or foods with aniexty pain fatigue etc so new to everything I feel like lost child needing direction thank you for your kind words :) means a lot :)

I try to focus on eating lots of fruits and vegetables.

I find that cutting down on foods with added sugars and processed foods with a lot of additives is helpful.

I also take magnesium (malate), B vitamins, fish oil, CoQ10, and vitamin D.

Many years before being diagnosed with fibromyalgia I had symptoms of a food intolerance to dairy. One of my symptoms is similar to anxiety, but I don't get that clutching feeling in my chest. Just heavy breathing, depression and a feeling of doom. Later found I can't eat gluten either and was diagnosed with IBS. Anyway, it could be triggered by a food intolerance. Several people in this forum have mentioned avoiding gluten or nightshade veggies like tomatoes and peppers. Might be worth investigating an elimination diet. I think it is DK_Engineer that has a post on here about keeping a log. I started mine last night. I'm tracking my sleep, my stress for the day, the weather, my energy and pain levels as well as noting food I ate that might be suspect. It is recommended to take this log to the doctor, which is just brilliant.

Hey haven't been on few days felt pretty bad ty for ur tips been writing stuff down for doc appt. that's interesting about gluten could be culprit of part of way I'm feeling possibly . Having good days n bad :( take n it day by day til go to doc . Not sure how work this forum yet noobie lol , can u send private messages add people I'm clueless lol, hope all is everyone anyone needs s friend someone talk to or just need listener friend or caring I'm here:)

ER not a waste of time. Good to eliminate immediate dangers

You can have nausea from bad pain and heart palpitations too. It is your body's response to pain causes you to have too much adrenaline. My doc gives me xanax for anxiety which helps alot to calm me down and also makes muscles relax which decreases the pain. I have been dealing with chronic pain for 7 yrs. neck arthritis and fibromyalgia. Physical therapy was a waste of time for me. What helps most is xanax for anxiety and massage. Hope you get some relief.

At times I have incredible pain in my chest, upper back and arms. I am always worried that it is cardiac related. Over the last few years I have had several cardiac tests that have come out fine. I still worry though. Anxiety has been a big contributor to my fibro. My husband also thinks I am crazy. I try to tell myself to think positive...this is not going to kill you. Breathe deeply, try to relax. I take magnesium supplements and I have seen some improvement in my sleep. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back