Not surrendering to fibro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, fab one. You too 🌸 ✨

Muir I think I speak for all of us on here when I say we literally feel your pain both physical, mental & emotional,
so for what it's worth you know you are not alone, in that we understand & relate.

We also know the pain of others that happens when particularly Loved Ones, don't understand &/or for whatever reason, seem unsupportive
& yes, it will hurt like hell, if you let it.

As others know on here, I myself am a lone Matriarch of a large family, meaning dealing with ongoing angst , traumas & problems,
because, as we all know only too well - if you've got family you've got problems!

In my situation, especially as regards sharing my tiny flat (apartment in American speak) with a son with ongoing serious mental health issues,
that include self-harming, as well as suicide attempts every so often.

I get no real understanding from anyone but I get that, so don't expect any & in a way, it kinda helps, as ongoing concern
& ongoing questions such as

"Are you alright?"
"Should you be doing that?"
Etc. etc...

would actually make me feel worse,
because being treated as an 'invalid' is the last thing I want, as I would start to believe it & begin to give in & behave as if I am
& thereby, deteriorate.

I'm expected to get on with it, so I rise to that as best I can by doing exactly that

ie Keep on keeping on & 'getting on with it'.

Admittedly, it's not easy, in fact it's a huge challenge & sometimes I fail & withdraw to my bed to try heal myself
but personally I prefer the challenge, to the likes of sympathy, or worse still, pity.

Also, it's worth mentioning, that when people are themselves struggling & trying to cope with their own challenges,
there's not always an ability to take-on the suffering of others or cope with additional worries.

Fact is, human understanding of another's pain is limited, as only the person suffering can actually feel it,
so on that level, human empathy is, & always will be, limited,
though those of us who suffer likewise, have the best level of understanding.

And then there's the love thing...
ie where there is love for an individual &/or dependence on that person at any level,
there tends to be denial
& the more that person is loved & depended on, the greater the denial.

All I can add is, you have found an understanding & supportive place here
and we really DO understand...

Last edited:
testimonials on drugs(dot)com are pretty compelling to read through. Interesting stuff!
Guaifenesin (and Amand's guaifenesin protocol), like LDN & praps D-Ribose (& I think 1-2 others) are as you found out mainly testimonial based, and lead to almost everyone using it touting it as a miracle cure, as if the world were black & white and they are on a mission to get us on the good side (the black one :LOL: :cool: of course), ignoring the downsides, which are massive (e.g. see the verywellhealth-article on it).

I was looking through fibro books in my App Store and one of the samples was mentioning it, so I brought the name here see if anybody heard of it, I’m not drinking bunches of cough medicine though no way and I couldn’t find pill form so like you said the down sides are too much so no 👽💀👽

cough medicine
Reminds me that the NAC (N-acetylcysteine) now helping me day & night is/was also cough medicine. With no downsides whatsoever. Apart praps from effects diminishing for some (not for me yet tho), so might be better to cycle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back