Numbness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to in my hands. It was a combination of arthritis and low blood pressure. I saw an occupational therapist for a while who was able to save my hands (arthritis was so bad that I lost most motion and the pain was incredible,) and I'm seeing a naturopath who helped me overcome the arthritis, which is just inflammation, as well as help raise my blood pressure. But I have the feeling you're experiencing something different, since I had obvious reasons for the numbness.

Have you tried soaking in a hot Epsom salt bath for a while and massaging your legs and feet in the bath? The salt will reduce inflammation, and the massaging will help with circulation.

If you have low blood pressure, try eating high amounts of protein and very low amounts of carbohydrates for a while. It will help raise it in a healthy way, which will improve your circulation a lot. If your blood pressure is normal or high, I don't know what to say.

I do recommend acupuncture for unexplained pain and conditions like this. You need to find the root cause and solve it, but acupuncture opens up restrictions in your body that block your circulation. It does wonders for me.

Yes yes and yes, lol but my numbness and tingling is mostly caused by spinal issues....

Yes, back in 2010 I lost the sensitivity of half of my hand for several weeks. Got got a CT and MRI scan done, everything was normal. I guess my issue was caused by a carpal issue. If I were you I'd go see a neurologist asap! Those symptoms are most likely neurological ones.

Numbness does go along with our disease I'm sad to say. Mine is all up and down my back especially in my shoulders. It also happens in my hands, legs, and feet. Which are all signs of other illnesses but, my doctor has credited the fibro as the main culprit in regards to this. The only thing that I can suggest to help with it is trying to stay as active as possible. Walkin g is great even though I have had it come on while walking. Once again it is just something we will all have to deal with and, hope one day there is a solution or at least a better one.

B12 defiency can also cause numbness and tingling in extremities. A simple blood test can check your level. Adding a good liquid B12 supplement can also be beneficial for fibro even if your levels are "normal."

Loftpat, it's also important to note that there are certain medications that cause a B12 deficiency! One of those meds is Metformin, sadly that medication doesn't only create a deficiency of B12 in your body, but also doesn't allow the body to absorb B12 from supplements. Yeah, so even if you take supplements with B12, that medication will not allow your body to absorb it. That's why I had to stop... I heard calcium could help, but I was losing too much hair!

Trellum, thanks for the reminder.
My mom and sister use B12 liquid supplementation to adequately maintain their levels while taking Metformin. (1000 mcg daily). If your B12 is low even with daily liquid oral supplementation at 1000 to 2000 mcg daily, ask your doc about b12 injections. Although It takes years to deplete the nature store of B12 your liver, it is important to monitor levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back