Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
CO
I was recently diagnised with fibromyalgia in February so I'm still trying to sort out the symptoms. I've dealt with minor tingling and numbless in certain areas of my body but yesterday my hand up to the elbow on my right arm and my tongue and lips were VERY numb and weak. I was told to go to the ER because I also had a migraine at the time (very common) because they wanted to rule out a stroke. However, they didn't end up doing an MRI or CT scan because I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Has anybody else experienced the intense numbess and tingling? If so, where in your body?

I should also add that they suspected that it was a complex migraine, which can result in numbness. I had a brain MRI in October when trying to rule out other things before being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The MRI was normal.

GM, i too have the tingling and numbness everyday all day. it is in my left hand, forearm, arm,wrist and sometimes the shoulder and feet. this is normal for fibro folks. please see my post on what is is fibriomyalgia. it speaks about the nerves. if you have something to add to that post please do. i understand about the going to the ER to rule out a stroke. as i have been to the ER 4 times in the past 7 months for just that rule out thing. each time they made it very clear to me what the signs of a stroke or heart attack are. they tell me dont come back unless you are having all of them and you feel your heart coming through your chest. i asked what about the BP 214/130? they said your stress level went up and then that puts u in a panic attack causing your BP to skyrocket. they also told me folks live with that BP all day and no problems. that was two different hospitals. and this last time 3 weeks ago they said dont come back unless your passed out in an ambulance. know your body and discover what your triggers are. know the symptoms of fibromyalgia.

congrats on the baby...

Thank you very much for this reply. Although it's never fun to go to the ER, and I'm sorry you've dealth with it so often in such a short amount of time, it's comforting to know I'm not alone. I will absolutely be checking out your post. And thanks for the congrats on the baby. It'll be our second child but my first pregnancy with fibromylagia so it's already been very different.

Hi there.
Another thought: Ask your doc about having your B12 levels checked. Low B12 can cause these same symptoms. I was diagnosed with B12 insufficiency after being sent to ER for possible stroke.
Happy pregnancy!

I have a follow up appointment with my doc this Wednesday so I'll be sure to ask about that. Thank you!

i get this too! my legs and feet will fall asleep and tingle, sometimes right when i stand up. :( it happens to my arms and hands too.

I've been to the ER twice for chest pains- they always tell me to come in if I am unsure, that it's better to be safe than sorry. Of course the expense is a bit off-putting... I have tingling in my right hand and up my arm to my shoulder almost constantly. Now my fingertips feel numb. I worry that this may be a sign of something that should be attended to, but many have told me it is yet anotherFibro symptom. So hard to know when to be concerned and when to just cope.

Thanks for sharing! I absolutely agree. I feel like I've become some a hypochondriac since I've been diagnosed. It's hard since so many symptoms can be fibromyalgia but can look like something else or vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back