Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
There are days that I feel my brain is pudding, I've never felt so inadequate in all my life. I'm being judged by others, it hurts BAD When it's your loved ones, its worse.
Here's what I HEAR
JUST PUSH THROUGH IT.
OH I HAD FIBRO, YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP WORKING THROUGH
COME ON MOM YOUR USE ING THIS AS AN EXCUSE, (THEY SAY THIS CAUSE MY MARRIGE IS ON THE ROCKS, )AND IT'S UP TO ME TO FIX IT.
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET A JOB.
HAVE YOU GOT ? JUST LOST IT... SEE?
IT'S ALMOST TO A POINT I NEAD TO WRITE DOWN EVERY STEP I TAKE, WHAT I'M DOING, EVEN TAKE ING STALK ON WHAT IS WHERE WHEN I'M PUTTING THING AWAY.
I USE TO DROP WHAT I WAS DOING TO. DO. FOR MY PRECIOUS FAMILY, I'M UNABLE NOW ,AND I'M SURE IT'S BUMMING THEM OUT.
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE SEVERE COGNITIVE PROBLEMS.?

Hi Moe,

The emotional pressure is devastating, as being newly diagnosed I'm finding people just don't get it. Because we don't have a broken arm or leg or anything physically missing everyone assumes we're alright. I tried explaining fibro and what I'm going through to a relative today & just gave up, I couldn't be bothered they weren't interested, I wasn't going to waste my time.

It must be very hard for you, circumstances make things even harder to cope with & can make us feel very isolated.

Cognitive problems.....yes sometimes worse than others, trouble concentrating, agitation, dis-organised thinking. Speech problems, stuttering, or slurred speech. Trouble making decisions, getting organised that type of thing.

Am sorry Moe you have so much going on.

Its true our families want the normal us. They try everything THEY think will make us what they want. Ignoring us...escaping us.....treating us like we are fine in the way they expect chores to be easy for us and our attention span etc to be the same. They make comments not realizing how deeply hurtful they are about shouldn't we try this or that or harder.....they complain abut how it affects them.

They are really good kind people they just don't have the capacity to understand and loose patience. It has been that element in my life that has caused my fibro to spiral.

Hang in there Moe we understand.

I was angry and bitter for so much of my early yrs. I'm determined to not go back.

I have been having issues for about 20 yrs, but wasn't told it was fibromyalgia till about 10 yrs ago. I planned to deal with it on my own and the last 5 have become harder. had to go on Cymbalta and now noticing my flairups are so bad I wish I could just die. this last one made me feel like life was worthless. and when you lay in pain wanting to cry, its so hard for others to see it. when I get asked how does it feel, I tell them its like the aches you have from the flu but 100 times worse. there are a lot of times I don't even tell people I just push through the day and i'm burning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back