Nuts and CFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I heard that coconut oil whitens teeth as well. There is something called oil pulling. Swish coconut oil through your teeth and around your mouth for like 15-20 minutes and it's supposed to pull toxins out of your body and reduce headaches also. I've only done it once, but plan on trying a few more times. It's a little hard to get used to until it is melted in your mouth.

Yes! I want to know what you come up with and how it tastes! :)

This is what I have always heard about almonds in particular: "Particularly nutrient dense, almonds contain a variety of goodies long known to be critical to mental health. Among them are the B vitamin folate and the amino acid tyrosine, a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. Then there's magnesium, which contributes to many enzymes that power the brain's intense metabolic activity. Have we mentioned antioxidants, such as quercetin, which protect brain cells from oxidative damage?"

This is something I copied and pasted from PsychologyToday, but I have heard that almonds were "natural antidepressants" for a long time. I am prone to depression and anxiety and of course, it seems as though it has multiplied in the last 3-4 years. Whenever I have had a blood panel done since... forever, most of the time, I was told, "Everything looks good, but your magnesium is a pretty low," and was prescribed a supplement. Hope this helps some.

As far as diet goes to combat symptoms, research the "alkaline diet." A lot of doctors have no belief in it, but a lot of doctors don't or didn't have a lot of belief in Fibro/CPS/CFS either. I personally was on the alkaline diet for months (when I had a job), and not only did I lose weight (went from a size 14 to a size 10 jeans) that took weight off my knees, I also noticed an extreme decrease in fibro symptoms and the intensity and longevity of flare-ups. Of course, to do this diet, you have to find a super market or grocery store that has an awesome organic section, and be prepared to shell out some serious cash. It is a heck of a lot more pricey than a box of Kraft Mac n Cheese! lol But one evening, as my roommate and best friend (we ALL need those) was helping me into the bath tub at the peak of one of the most intense flare-ups I can remember, I said to her through my tears and my teeth, "I don't care what I have to do to stop feeling this way. I will do it." And for as long I could afford it, I bought organic alkaline foods. I drank almond milk with flaxseed bran cereal, drank beet juice- the whole nine yards. If I did not have a conscience and a God to answer to, I would rob banks for a living to pay for the foods that helped me. If any of you can afford it, try it for a month. And if you can't, ask for the specific grocery store gift cards for birthday, Christmas, Anniversary gifts- I know people looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for super market gift cards for Christmas and said that it didn't sound like much of a gift, but when I told them less days of pain seems like a pretty awesome gift to me, they really came through for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back