Not open for further replies.

Pajon71

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2017
Country
UK
Hi, never thought id write on a forum about this but I feel, for some strange reason, compelled to. I was diagnosed with fibro in 2017. I had three traumatic failed back surgeries from 2012 to 2015. This left me in constant pain in my back and legs. I then noticed I was getting pain in my forearms and eventually it spread to almost anywhere. Migraine, jaw ache, arms legs etc. These pains sometimes flared up out of nowhere and stayed around for a few days and also left me exhausted. Eventually I was diagnosed and thought there would be a miracle cure....nope. Over the last couple of years i have been able to recognise when I might be getting a flare up and manage it. lately I have had more issues with my back which will require more surgery. Constant pain now, depression, lack of concentration. Its like the fibro has gone into overdrive. All along i have been able to keep a lid on it, stay smiling, most of the time, but now its becoming overwhelming, I don't want to go out, not eating that well and rubbish sleeps.....apart from the naps in the afternoon I sometimes get as a bonus. I never tried to put a label on my symptoms, even sort of denying the fibro for a time hoping mind over matter would win out. Dealing with chronic pain sucks, I don't tell people how i feel because i get a ton of 'try this, try that' and I know they are meaning well but it really annoys me. I've tried everything.
I never thought about talking about it on a forum before, never even considered there was a forum. Hopefully knowing that people are dealing with the same issues as me will lift me a bit.
Anyway, nice to be here I guess.

Hi Pajon71,
It does help to hear from others that are dealing with fibro. The multiple issues that are part of fibro is enough to wear anyone down. I used to say I had good and bad days but sometimes it’s only good moments In a whole day , but I’ll take that and relish it . Lots of info here I have found useful and some that doesn’t apply to my fibro issues will more than likely be of use to others . Glad you are here👍

Dealing with chronic pain sucks, I don't tell people how i feel because i get a ton of 'try this, try that' and I know they are meaning well but it really annoys me. I've tried everything.
I never thought about talking about it on a forum before, never even considered there was a forum. Hopefully knowing that people are dealing with the same issues as me will lift me a bit.
We all can relate to this, and we welcome you to this forum.

Thanks, good to be here. I'll try not to moan too much! :)

Thanks, good to be here. I'll try not to moan too much! :)
There's a special section just for moaning, complaining, and venting, so if you want to do that just post in that section and moan all you want!

Hi Pajon71, welcome to this forum.I too never thought that I would write on a forum but I did and it is the best thing I have ever done. There is a lot of valuable information here. This is a very warm community. Just simply knowing that there are others out there who experience similar pains and can relate, makes things a little more bearable. At the moment I am looking forward to the end of a very long and extremely cold and depressing winter. Winter always makes my pain a lot worse.😔 Welcome again and I hope you are having a good day. 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back