Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi everyone, I suffer everyday with chronic back pain, it seemed to have gotten worse because of Fibromyalgia. Does anyone get severe back pain frequently?

YES ! It's one of my worst symptoms. I have a sharp, electrocuting pain in my trapezius close to my spine. That combined with stiff legs is something Ive been struggling with for awhile. I dont know what to do about it and my X-Rays came back normal.

I am going for and MRI on my back to, I'm sure that will come back normal. It is so frustrating when you are having severe pain and xrays come back normal.

Yeah srsly, you already know its going to be normal so it can be fustrating.

Yes, I have severe back pain that is worse due to fibro! I had back surgery in 1991 and then a car accident in 1996 where I got whiplash. The only way to get through the pain was with yoga at least a few times a week. After somehow getting mono in 2012 the fibro really took off and I was not able to do my yoga anymore. Since I have not done my yoga my back and my neck hurt so bad everyday to the point that I am not able to get out of bed for days at a time. I know I need to get back to strengthening my core to help, but just don't know how to get back into my yoga practice? I have attempted many times but the added muscle pain from the smallest amount of exercise causes me not to be able to continue not to mention the terrible daily headaches keeping me from doing anything where my head is down causing all the blood to rush to my head. ( I have almost fell face first into the carpet) I have also tried to get my bed as comfortable as possible. Just recently purchased a memory foam bed topper (couldn't afford the whole bed :(..) but that caused me to sweat even worse then before.. after some research online I found that wool over the top of the foam helps but could not afford the $300 wool topper so I bought a military wool blanket and put that on top of the topper then a mattress pad and then the sheet and have slept on this for a week or so and WOW not one single night yet that I have woke up in a puddle. YAY I will say the memory foam was much more comfortable without the blanket on top of it! oh and my xrays and mri both came back with bulging disc (7) and edema, scoliosis, bone spurs, ddd/arthritis some straightening of the spine (neck and low back). I was told by a chiropractor that all people with fibro have straightening of the neck (where it should be curved) not sure if this is true or not and I was unable to take the pain of the treatments prescribed. I wish you all less painful days and restful and restorative nights sleep :)

I also have severe lower back pain. At first they said it was my kidney and then they said I have 3 bulging disc and degenerative disc disease and started injections in my spine. Unfortunately the injections have not helped and I take a prescription pain medicine that helps minimize the pain but nothing gets rid of the pain. Hope you find some relief for your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back