OMG! My eyes! My right eye kept crossing over the middle while my left stay still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipnatee N

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
For 4 days now my eyes have been playing tricks on me. Every time I look at my ipad reading this site post , once a while all the words on the page are literally jumping right at me with some mild eyes pain , then it will go away after i look away for a bit. I didn't understand why so I thought .. ok it's just another one of my eyes sensitivities problem. But little that i know it gotten worsen .

Now i can only use just one eyes each time i type or read. It's more painful than before. I couldn't take it no more so i ask my bf to look at my eyes movement right when it happen to me. To my huge surprise , he said my right eye actually move cross over to the center of my face ( like coss eye) while my left eye stay still in the center of my eye ball! :shock:

I've heard of paresthesia can cause unable to focus eye movement sometime , but i thought it look like they can't land their eyes on the target so it bounce around till they finds it. Not just slowly dragging only my right eye to the middle everytime i try to read something!! :mad:

I'm so done with my body playing pranks on me. What is going on!!! Could someone please anyone tell me ? :confused:

This sounds like something you should get a doc to check out. I don't want to scare you, but that sounds like more than fibro. Hugs.

I wonder if it could be Esotropia .

Do you have any other symptoms? This is something I would go to emerg with.

I had for months my eyes having different sizes of pupils.I was terrified that I had a tumor,it was when I first got sick.I went through a battery of tests and nothing showed up.It was another bizarre fibro thing.You are most likely see it go away in a few days.Rest as best as you can and try not to worry.Anxiety won't help,so be a little patient !

I had for months my eyes having different sizes of pupils.I was terrified that I had a tumor,it was when I first got sick.I went through a battery of tests and nothing showed up.It was another bizarre fibro thing.You are most likely see it go away in a few days.Rest as best as you can and try not to worry.Anxiety won't help,so be a little patient !

Thank you! Lubkos way for your insurance. I needed that.

My pupil also do get dilated during many of my fibro fog and they're not aways the same size either , how did your vision feel when that happen?. My was one of my eyes seem to see things moving much slower than the other eye. But because it happen during fibro fog , i'm so use to feeling like i'm on drug without being on any drug. I was so blur i'm not freaking out about it any longer .

That's so true with fibro bizarre problems that kept on giving and showing up with a new one . I had been chased around the house by shadowy hallucination more than i've ever wish to happen in my life time, I must be careful not to stare at them too long especially during my sleep paralysis cause they'll starting to talk back to me and then i'll ended up with a full body paralyzed for a day. But among the hallucination problems i have, seeing the color of sound probably the only thing i enjoy out of all this craziness.

Yet Nothing was wrong with me , no tumor , no cancer, no other causes. I've waste too much money and time testing after testing i have been poked, sliced, diced ,drained, and all scans . I don't remember all of the tests i've done any longer. It was just a one big blur. So i guess this time i'm just gonna go with the pirate theme and getting to know my new eye patch and stick with the cane.

You are funny my dear!!Having a good sense of humor can help one get through the hardest of times.Speaking of pirates,I had a lovebird that got really sick,and his feet swelled up and started dying.The poor guy got an infection and I was forced to amputate one foot.He recovered and we became best of friends,and from then on he was perpetually on my shoulder.I used to tie a string to his one remaining foot,and we would drive around in my convertible with the top down and him on my right shoulder!God I miss him.Thanks for stirring up the memory of a great friend,and I trust you will be ok,try to stay positive.When my eyes were dilating differently,I would pick the eye who's dilation was correct for the light in the room and cover the other one with a patch,unless I didn't want it on my face,then I would adjust the lighting to a level that helped.I hope this helps you get through this freaky symptom my fellow pirate.....

LOL! Ahoy captain!! i was trying to imagine you with a one legged bird driving . It must be a sight for other people to see during trafic lights ! :mrgreen: good time now i'm jealous!

I also had pet birds when I was young , 2 hill myna, and boy! Do they talked, my mom had to ended up set them free because my neigbor threaten to poison them cause they kept repeat things he said behind his wife back every time his wife get back home from work. They come back from time to time to annoyed the old man, so i always keep their food bowl filled same spot till i moved to another country. Birds they truly are something else. 8)

Yes,they have distinct personalities.and very smart,I toilet trained mine because since he was always on my shoulder,he would drop a gift and I would chase him around scolding him.I made a gutter on the top back edge of my widescreen tv and would bring him there after his deed and after a while he learned.He would fly from my shoulder to the tv,turn to face me and do his business,and then fly back to my shoulder.He was my all time best pet ever! He always put a smile on my face,I miss him so much that I have not had another pet since,just because he was irreplaceable.Did you ever have a pet that left a huge hole when they passed?

My eyes do something similar...words bouncing off the page and eyes pain and weakness...its been going on for me for months on and off along with jaw and facial pain. Sometimes 1 eye wont open in the night and gets very weak.....then the other eye does it too.

By all means get it checked though..im a bit complacent about keep checking things with the doctor and know i can pinpoint the onset to stress a few months ago when my partner got mad and dissatisfied with the life we have with my fibro and pretty much dumped me only to change his mind but leaving me feeling powerless and worthless.

My fibro always gets worse with stress and tend to create new problems that then stick.

Did you feel extra stressed or tires when it started?

Yes,they have distinct personalities.and very smart,I toilet trained mine because since he was always on my shoulder,he would drop a gift and I would chase him around scolding him.I made a gutter on the top back edge of my widescreen tv and would bring him there after his deed and after a while he learned.He would fly from my shoulder to the tv,turn to face me and do his business,and then fly back to my shoulder.He was my all time best pet ever! He always put a smile on my face,I miss him so much that I have not had another pet since,just because he was irreplaceable.Did you ever have a pet that left a huge hole when they passed?

Oh wow , a toilet trained bird ? I never knew that could exist. :shock:

And for the huge hold if my heart....Oh boy did I ... yeah .... the huge hole that still pretty deep was my first dog when i was young he always followed me every where, but my parents often sent me off to private boarding school in or out of country so I don't usually get back that often and gone for very long time. The last time i was being send to NZ , i guess he knew it will be far too long he dug the hole out of the fence and ran after me to the airport and got killed by cars on the way. Nobody was dare to tell me till i got back 5 months later. And he was already buried on the side yard near by my room window with small mango tree . Cause for some unknown reason his favorite chew toy was the mango seed after i ate the meat and he was buried with them. I cried for many days. I coundn't have any dog till i moved to NY 10 years later.

Last edited:
My eyes do something similar...words bouncing off the page and eyes pain and weakness...its been going on for me for months on and off along with jaw and facial pain. Sometimes 1 eye wont open in the night and gets very weak.....then the other eye does it too.

By all means get it checked though..im a bit complacent about keep checking things with the doctor and know i can pinpoint the onset to stress a few months ago when my partner got mad and dissatisfied with the life we have with my fibro and pretty much dumped me only to change his mind but leaving me feeling powerless and worthless.

My fibro always gets worse with stress and tend to create new problems that then stick.

Did you feel extra stressed or tires when it started?

Oh diamond . I hope things will work out with your partner somehow. I'm glad he came back. Fibro always make life messy , even my bf had a moment of weakness him self at one point. To me it was kinda understandable. What can i say.. it wasn't me that he was angry at or about. In his eyes it was also him self that felt the powerlessness not just me. And for the normal body functional people, it could feel too overwhelmingly painfully aggravated for them to accept. I was once at the similar situation with my mother before she passed so i get it.

As far as my stress goes. No i didn't felt that much stress but the weather has been on the extreme changing in temperature around here lately. ( the other day was 60-40f the next day was somewhere at 80- 70f , the day after was in the 50f today is started off with 60f and going up again. I can't tell should i wear a bubble jacket or a beach clothing. :confused:

Sense of humour is so so so important. I have this one very negative friend and I keep telling her 'do you want to be crying all the time, or laughing all the time?'. It all sucks, so why not laugh about it as much as possible right?

Thus I love your attitude! It makes all laugh as well and reminds us to take things lightly as much as possible as well.

Back to your eye problem - I am just thinking of what I would do - I would try to rest it, seriously rest it for a day. That means, sadly, maybe no reading off of a screen, wearing your sunglasses all day (if you weren't already doing that)...I actually have no clue how you can rest your eyes, so this is stupid advice I suppose. And if nothing helps and it becomes a serious worry, a visit to the doctor would definitely be my next step.

Sense of humour is so so so important. I have this one very negative friend and I keep telling her 'do you want to be crying all the time, or laughing all the time?'. It all sucks, so why not laugh about it as much as possible right?

Thus I love your attitude! It makes all laugh as well and reminds us to take things lightly as much as possible as well.

Back to your eye problem - I am just thinking of what I would do - I would try to rest it, seriously rest it for a day. That means, sadly, maybe no reading off of a screen, wearing your sunglasses all day (if you weren't already doing that)...I actually have no clue how you can rest your eyes, so this is stupid advice I suppose. And if nothing helps and it becomes a serious worry, a visit to the doctor would definitely be my next step.

I guess unknowingly I sound funny when I'm complaining than when i try to be. It's even super hard for me now to sound serious especially when my right eye is slowly moving by it self toward my nose yet my left eye still standing still. While I'm trying to talk to someone and focusing on their facial expression at the same time. It's pointless to say " stop laughing!" :-x

Sunglass is awesome , i look pretty cool while wearing them around the house watching tv . Sipping on my ice tea while kicking back with my therapeutic accute pressure massage ( aka a rolling pin) . 8) Life has it's moment no matter how short that is.

I will get it check out at somepoint if it wont goes away on it's own. But it's very conforting to know that i'm not a lunatic with the crazy eyes at least not by my self.

I thought about your eyes' issue and when it happened to me,it lasted a few months on and off.Kind of like when you get tinnitis,try to find ways to not think about it too much because anxiety can make it last longer.Also,if you have burning or dry eyes use visine and warm compresses using a face cloth a couple of times a day.If you must use a computer or watch tv,try turning down the brightness.If you are worried and think you want to have it looked at for peace of mind,modern eye glass shops that can look at your optic nerve in detail and know instantly if you have a problem.They will charge much less than a clinic or hospital,in Canada it is about a hundred dollars for a complete exam.Stay strong,you will get through this stressful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back