Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hi Everyone,

Just got back from NC where my son got married!!!It was a beautiful day.The weather was great and I was actually able to dance with my son,and have a good time. The weather made my aches and pains sooo much better.
Every time I go there, I feel better.
I'm relieved everything turned out so nice.

My Fibro was behaving and didn't have any flares,Thank God.

Hope everyone is having better days!

Sagey

Congrats Sagey!! So happy for you. Isn't it refreshing to have such good days? :)

How lovely..may i ask when you say no flares..does that mean you are actually pain free or just low enough to not trouble you too much?

Do you have areas that aren't affected by fibro at all or that become totally pain free for a while?

Its wonderful you had such a lovely day...and sorry i know this thread is not about pain levels...but ive never really understood the term flares.properly as i hurt all over all the time just different degrees...so lower pain but still obvious and very achy at best to severe.

Again... fantastic you had a great day and congrats to your son.

Very cool, sagey! Maybe you should move to a better climate........it would probably help your pain level a lot, from what you are saying. Can you consider moving? I think it would be well worth it if you were in less pain.

diamond, I don't understand the term "flare", either. I would never describe my pain that way, myself, and don't really know what it means.

That's reassuring sunkacola as i always feel the odd one out as the term flare seems to make sense and be used by so many fibro people..maybe i should start a thread?

Apologies for taking over Sageys good news thread with this distraction.

Hi Diamond,

When I say flare, it means when I have a period of severe fatigue and increased pain.A lot more pain then I have everyday on a regular basis.Sometimrs it can last a week or a month.You never know when it will come, but when it does, u feel like it wil never end!

We get use to having to live with oain everyday and when we have that several days of lesser pain it feels great !

I have to say that my foot dr put me on a low dose prednisone and it helped me a lot to enjoy my son's wedding.I had more energy,and my pain level was about a 3.Unfortunately I can't stay on that long term,but if I were able, I would definitely have a better quality of life.Even though it was short lived,I'm glad I was able to enjoy that short vacation.

My husband and I are planning on moving to SC.The weather is great and I enjoy being by the beach.I love the water and the air.I just can't handle the cold weather anymore.Im attached to my house here,I hope I can let go and buy another house.

Sagey

Thanks Sagey for taking the trouble to reply..yes your fibro sounds like mine before it changed and uprated and became like a 8 or more every day..so yes i recognise a 3 or 4 and we feel great..like we won the lottery and pray the good days wont end....then they do and our hearts sink waiting for a better day or few hours again.

Good luck if you make the move to a better climate for your pain.

Last edited:
oh good for you sagey. I am so happy for you that you get to move to a better place!!

also just a little jealous.
I want to move to a better place too but don't know where to go.

One can be attached to a house, for sure. best thing if possible would be to find the new house before you give up the old, and make it a house you can love. then the excitement of what you can do with the new house will help a lot.
for me, Nesting is always a happy thing in a new place.
deciding on paint colors. going to the thrift store to see what I might find that would work for that corner. that kind of thing.

Hi,
Thanks for all the congrats! Sunkacola your right about the nesting and getting excited about the new house.I've done a lot of upgrades on my house but I love decorating and thrift shops.I like making old things new too.I just picked up an old chair,and Im going to paint it a fresh white.It kinda cheers me up and gets me to feel more energetic.It doesn't take to much energy to do a small project or much money.But it's fun!

Hopefully once I see other places I'll feel much better.I love modern beachy cottage style, lol

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back