One day at a time - learning to manage fibromyalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days minutes hours (they all seem to mingle up with me) get better soon harpy 🤗 (I hate tinnitus, kept me awake early hours this morning) 🙄

@Dimps TheAlien wishing you well, the outlook you have will surely come in useful. It's difficult enough living with the constant discomfort without other stress on top. It's good to know that you have a supportive partner. I can appreciate your position as a carer. I cared for my late mother for ten years. Luckily my brother lives just down the road. Any help to lighten the load is welcome respite. Be sure to set boundaries for your self-care.

Thanks guys, the infections are easing , but still no hearing at all in right ear . Ok a little question? I have no hearing in my ear then why oh why is the tinnitus so amplified 😵‍💫.

Oh I dunno harpy? Maybe go nurse/gp if your hearing dissapeared (they might give you some antibiotics make it better) 🤗 😙💗🤗

Thanks guys, the infections are easing , but still no hearing at all in right ear . Ok a little question? I have no hearing in my ear then why oh why is the tinnitus so amplified 😵‍💫.
the tinnitus seems amplified because no other sounds are getting through to drown it out due to the blockage.
it should go back to "normal" once the infection is cleared up. (not that tinnitus is normal, by any means)

I suffer from tinnitus as well, and mine will vary from day to day... sometimes at different times of the day. funny thing is, they cant give me a definitive answer on what is causing mine. 😟 had all kinds of testing done, but no real cause came to light

It can be strange and change from time to time. In the past week I've had high pitch ringing and something like ticking in my left ear, weird and annoying. At least the ticking head stopped.

Cookiebaker your right , it’s definitely not normal 😵‍💫.
I am hoping the antibiotic drops for my ear hurry’s up and clears out the infection soon.
Atleast my throat is ok now so them antibiotics were a good choice by the gp.
Hi kiarawarriors , that’s the worse pain of being in chronic pain when it comes on all of a sudden and you have done nothing to set it off.

It can be strange and change from time to time. In the past week I've had high pitch ringing and something like ticking in my left ear, weird and annoying. At least the ticking head stopped.
High pitch ringing sounds like it could be tinnitus badger (a fair few of us on the forum have it) 🌳🦡🌳

I know harpy, it's really annoying, fibro in itself can be debilitating enough without the added extras ( I'm at that stage now with something, so I get it)
💞💫💞

Last edited:
I forgot to mention in not explaining properly I've had tinnitus for many years. It's noticable when the rooms quiet, it flares from time to time but mostly humming away in the background. Guess I've somewhat learnt to tune it out / tolerate it but that ticking was weird 🤔 😅

Hey badger. When you mean ticking. Is it like a clock tick or your heart rate pulsating? My tinnitus is a high pitch pulsating cicada screaming.
I know this will sound nutso. But if I have my head tilt a certain way I can get that ticking, mines more like a knock but I worked it out if I open my mouth that knock knock sounds louder and comes from the left side of my neck. Not always, must be when I’ve done too much or had a long day. Like yesterday, had my last injection for the year and it was really loud. I was going to record it and ask my gp what causes it. Yes other people can hear it if my mouth is open. 🤔

Hey badger. When you mean ticking. Is it like a clock tick or your heart rate pulsating? My tinnitus is a high pitch pulsating cicada screaming.
I know this will sound nutso. But if I have my head tilt a certain way I can get that ticking, mines more like a knock but I worked it out if I open my mouth that knock knock sounds louder and comes from the left side of my neck. Not always, must be when I’ve done too much or had a long day. Like yesterday, had my last injection for the year and it was really loud. I was going to record it and ask my gp what causes it. Yes other people can hear it if my mouth is open. 🤔
The ticking was like a clock, it reminded me of the small one my late mum had on the mantle piece only higher pitch. It lasted for a few days before going back to the constant ring I have now, the left seems louder. From your description it must be really irritating to live with. Strange how it can change dependent on how you hang your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back