DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Uk
State
PO6 3HY
Hi all

I have been diagnosed with CFS/ME and FMS for just over a year. I have just recently had a bout of thrush which I haven't suffered fromantic since diagnosis.

I couldn't face being pulled around by the Dr and the following week of pain so I went to the chemist and I bought an oral pill that should clear things up.

My question is could this be fibro related or due to the fact that I am borderline diabetic? I understand that thrush can be a sign of diabetes. I have just started Topamax and have checked the side effects and it doesn't appear on the list. I am losing weight which should help with the borderline diabetes.

Thanks
Scotty

It could be the Topamax, if you google that and thrush there are others who have reported it - it might just not be common enough to be on the standard side effects list.

I was not able to tolerate Topamax, made me extremely dizzy.

Rinse 3 times a day for a few days till its gone with non iodine sea salt and water mixture
Its no fun to have it bit its pretty simple to rid it and tastes better then the prescription
Liquid crap ughh

Thanks for the replies.

I will mention it to the Dr so she can add it to my notes.

The all over body itchy feeling is easing but still not sleeping well. I am trying meditation again. The pain management group I attended gave me a CD with a 10 minute breathing exercise on which is proving useful.

I expect there are more on the net so will look later.

Hope everyone is coping as well as can be expected.

Scotty

I had thrush! It went away after a week of mouth wash, I also developed blisters on the inside of my lips. Read carefully side effects of any meds your on. I can not take the fda a proved cymbalta, or lyrica.
The clinic I went to had a bad scare for over medication pain opiots, so The trick, and I meet trick was and is to convince anyone with pain it's fibro, that way they don't have to worry about loosing the licence. Thank you very much to the drug dealers and abusers, that has ruined it for the lagitament patients. ,,!

Hi Scotty, I'm a bloke -dont know if im allowed to respond :) Yes i've had thrush 3 times this year although, embarrassingly, when i did go to the doc with it, it had cleared up! Ha

May be a correlation between FM and thrush? Maybe just being run down, in pain etc just makes the infection more likely, dunno. Good luck buddy.

PS - saw you're in Pompey, same here, small world eh?!

Definitely check your med side effects. You on cymbalta ?lyrica ?

Hi Scotty. I'm thinking you might not have been talking about oral thrush but what we call a yeast infection here in the US. Try adding real yogurt to your diet if this persists. One cause is a decrease of good bacteria in your system that can lead to yeast overgrowth. The yogurt with the active cultures can help restore the balance. Sometimes if you're stressed and your immune system is a tad wonky, that wonderful balance of resident bacteria, yeast and other things that live in our mouths and, yes, our vaginas gets messed up. Yogurt is good when the docs have you on antibiotics since they'll wipe out the good bacteria as well. Hugs.

Well I suffered so long with this. In the end the cream and pill made it ten times worse.
Mine was stress .live you gut is good if u put in inside u ,also eating it to.not the same pot lol also u can feel like u still have it after the pill for a few days.garlic is good to u need to crash it up in some muslin and pop it up. Yes I no is stings a little but really helped me .just for an hour

Probably the Topamax. Before Fibro, I never to rarely got the side effects listed on bottles but, now I can pretty much count on getting them all no matter the med.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back