Only get pains when doing something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hob86

Hey guys! im new here!

I seem to only notice the pains when i do something like going for a walk if its in my legs ill feel it there... mostly the ankles
or if im lifting things thats when i feel it in my elbows or hands.

From what I read its suposed to be there all the time and excercise helps... does anyone have it this way?

The back can get me at any time but i dont get the back pain as much as others.

I got tested for everything else.

Thanks

Hi Hob86,

Most people with fibromyalgia have widespread pain that may or may not be there all of the time, but which is not started by activity. It may be made worse by activity of the wrong kind, but it is there whether or not there has been activity.

It is most common that people with fibromyalgia have pain constantly, but the right kind of exercise will help, as part of a whole program that has to be tailored by you for you, to make the pain less severe.

I suggest that if y our pain is only there in the part of the body you have used, and only when you have used it, you probably do not have fibromyalgia, but some other condition like bursitis, arthritis, or perhaps you are simply using your body too hard for your age?

Did you really get tested for everything else that this could be? There are many conditions which have symptoms that are exactly like or similar to fibromyalgia and it is uncommon for a doctor to test for all of them unless the testing has been done over a fairly significant period of time.

Maybe if you tell us exactly what else you were tested for, and how the tests were done (MRI, X-ray, bloodwork, etc), we can offer more informed answers for you.

Last edited:
Hob86,
My pain is there all the time , apart from fibro I have a lot spine issues and polyarthralgia. So if I do something sometimes the pain will wane off a little ( or maybe I just am distracted from it for a moment) but once I have stopped it hits me with a vengeance. I second the imaging, bloods and any test the will give you definite results. Good luck

My pain is there all the time - it feels better when I do yoga but most other activities cause an increase of pain. I think its the gentle stretching and deep breathing that helps with the yoga. I also try every night to do a few simple stretches before getting into bed.

My pain is constant, i often call it the travelling circus in my body, you never know what your going to get that day, excercise does generally help but as Sunkacola said it needs to be the right exercise designed for you and more often than not by you. Theres plenty of things to help with the pain however it is always there just in varying degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back