Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
TX
Is anyone being treated for osteoporosis? I have recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis. I had breast cancer and was treated with radiation. I have had kidney stones. I am trying to cut the time to find a solution without reinventing the wheel. Thanks.

Your question seems a bit too general... ;-) Wouldn't we all like to cut the time... and have easy solutions.
Have you done research on it? What have you done already? How are you being treated by the doc who diagnosed you? What do you think is the cause, are you sure it's the radiation? Could arthritis, diabetes be a cause, too? Would you take natural remedies?
If you want us/me to do you research for you: Don't smoke, drink cola or alcohol, do sports carefully, get your hormones/thyroid checked, take vitamin D, eat/drink only alkaline foods and drinks, use supps to keep more calcium, and make sure your risk to fall is minimized.
So if you thought you don't have to do anything to get there... ;-D

I guess my question should have stated, "If you have osteoporosis and fibro, what are you using for treatment?" I have done my research. I can't take vitamin D. It causes hypercalcemia in me. MD Anderson does not know why and I am only the second patient in 25 years that gets hypercalcemia without cancer. I have hypothyroidism. No diabetes. Non producing pituitary tumor. Don't smoke or drink. Am open to natural remedies.

Can you get your hands on RSO ( Rick Simpson Oil)? I have fibro, hasimotos thyroiditis and back disc problem. Just had a kidney stone removed and found out that the pressed coconut water I love to drink is good for kidney stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back