Not open for further replies.

twiztc

Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
Well for the first time since living here in Canadia (yeh that's what I like to call it- its not a typo) I got referred to a rheumetologist (that is bad spelling and my spell check is thick too).
My appointment was yesterday. Nice lady but she put me through the wringer. I know she had to do a bit of torture as i'm new to her she has to do all the relevant tests and pokes and pulls but a few time she sent me through the roof and by the end of it i was in tears.
as it turns out, beside everything else I now have tennis elbow, femoral patella syndrome and what I though t was arthritis in my thumb joints isnt. my hand X-rays came back as normal (now that surprised me as i feel like there is damage) bu she said it seems to be the main tendon that goes to the inside of the thumb and its caused some kind of nodule. i have to go for ultrasound on them next week.
as for my elbows and knees, i had yet more X-rays done on them so we shall see what that turns up
Today i am in still so much pain from all the exertion and stress and pulling about. AND my stupid family doctor still has not responded to my pharmacy faxing in for my thyroid medication! i requested it last wedneday! if it wasnt for the brilliant people at my pharmacy who was kind enough to give me a few extra pills to tide me over i would have been all this time without! i see my pain clinic guy tomorrow so he better be forth coming or i'm gonna lose it!

It's not our health care system amazing ! Lol. Sorry you are in pain ..after being poked and prodded your body is retaliating.
Call your GPs office again and again..get your meds. You need them.
I know with my gp sometimes I have to push them in order to get things done.
I know all this shuffling around drs is a pain but just do your best to get through it.
Are you on any pain meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back