Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
I just want to know if anyone out there gets really sick if you spend to much time in the sun? I was driving in my jeep with the roof off and I felt this really ill feeling come over me. I got extremely tired that I just needed to lay down. It felt like all my energy was drained out of me. I got extremely hot like I was in the desert. My Husband was fine he was in blue jeans and enjoying the day. Why do I feel like I am under a magnify glass, and burning up?

If it is a cool sunny day I am fine, but if it is hot and humid, I too am wiped out by the heat. I noticed that if I wear a cap or hat that provides me with shade on my face it helps some, but the hot sun can steal your strength and energy if out in it too long. I always thought I might be getting a bit dehydrated so I drank plenty of cool water and often misted myself with cool water. Maybe someone else on here knows the answer to your question. Thanks for asking it. Anyone know the answer we are very interested in this reaction to the sun. :)

I overheat instantly anywhere it is slightly hotter than Siberia. I will be feeling faint and pouring down sweat in a room where everyone else is wearing sweaters and complaining they're cold. I also overheat with even very mild exercise. I'm guessing it's part of that whole body dysregulation thing. I just wear layers and try to avoid heat whenever possible.

If it's too hot and humid I might get dehydrated quite easily. I do better when it's cold, but not too much ;) When it hots it's even hard to breathe at time, specially if it's very humid. Yeah, I don't do well in humid and hot climates.

Hi lana, yes, the heat would have the same effect on me if I were riding in the car with the top down...heat, humidity and fibro don't mix well..I live in florida and we have lots of heat and humidity...it amazes me how much better I feel when the sun goes down..you might try one of thosetowels that you wet and turn cold to wear around your neck when riding in the car to help cool you down...along with lots of ice cold drinks to sip on while traveling..and, to answer your question, over heating will cause you to want to lie down exhausted...google heat stroke... feel better!

Yes, I get sick if I am in the sun too much. Also I tend to sweat a lot at night if I have been exposed for more than 2 hours to direct sunlight. I have lived most of my life in Australia in a very hot climate, and am very aware of the dangers of getting heat exhaustion. It happens so quickly, and the only way to overcome it, is to lie down in a cool place and drink plenty of water. Also, it's very important to wear a hat if you are going to be outside for a while on a hot day.

Woah... why would you have to be exposed to the sun for two hours? :O If I spend at least 15 minutes under the sun I'd surely get super sick, not no mention I'd get a horrible sunburn no mater what sunscreen I use!

Thanks everyone, I feel better knowing that it is part of fibromyalgia and not something else. From now on I will take measures to prevent that from happening again. Before I had fibro I could spend hours in the sun, I can't believe how much fibromyalgia changes everything in your life, and how sick you can get in the heat.

The sun and heat make me really sick too; any temperature above a normal autumn day and I will feel drained, and drowsy, and will have to sleep on and off throughout the day. I keep the blinds down in my house because I hate how the glare of the sun makes me feel so sick. As well as fibro and CFS, I also have lupus which means that I can't be in the sun at all or it will flare up a lot of problems for me.

To be honest, I don't think the sun is very good for anybody - not too much of it anyway. Even before I got sick I could only stand 5 or 10 minutes of it here and there. Take care and drink plenty of fluids, and keep out of it as much as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back