Overdoing things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant verses too little ( I think I’m gonna download grammarly) 🤦‍♀️
If it's any consolation, I just walked halfway round the grocery store with someone else's shopping basket, not realising they were following me making exasperated gestures 🤭 Fog-tastic fun times!

Oh how I love the Fibro fog..I left my petrol cap at the garage the other week..and I came out of supermarket and for the love of god couldn’t remember where I parked my car then I proceeded to try and open the door of a car that looked like mine, then I peered in the window and realised it wasn’t mine..I’m pretty sure I looked majorly suspicious peering through someone’s car window…
I feel like we have to laugh at stuff like that cause it’s so utterly ridiculous if we don’t laugh about it we would just curl up in a ball and sob with despair….So the moral of that story is you are not alone we all do these ditsy things hope that is some comfort to you.

I feel like we have to laugh at stuff like that cause it’s so utterly ridiculous if we don’t laugh about it we would just curl up in a ball and sob with despair….So the moral of that story is you are not alone we all do these ditsy things hope that is some comfort to you.
Exactly this! You're absolutely right - none of us are in this alone, so self-kindness and seeing the funny side are definitely the places to go ✨

It is difficult when one day you can do it for day 40mins and on another day only 30mins so then you don’t know how much you can do as it changes every time.
:cool: Pacing is finding the "invisibly moving sweet spots" I often used to write. And sometimes deliberately going a bit over the limit is good.

We used to be able to plan. This felt like freedom. We did it because we had decided to beforehand.
One action I managed that prepared me for fibro was going to the concert of a well-known group, paying 25€, full place, then realizing I didn't like the music, nor the people, atmosphere etc. I simply left after the 4th song without regret- how free that felt to let that time and money go.
Much of our plans seem like our decisions but are dictated by pre-suppositions or expectations of ourselves and others.
Maybe I'm duping myself, but I now feel freer to do what I need. And "I" is more my mind, body & soul, not just my mind dictating the rest.
I'm more at rest with and in myself. Satisfied with little. Simpler, more natural. Something I always seemed to want but not able to do. Praps this, with more of my body, is the real me, like it was meant to be, not the one that was always outside, looking, helping, striving, working.
I'm now used to not planning too much. I don't raise expectations in others or myself. I try to go when I have to. Even better at that at work.
If I don't know whether I can take 30 or 40 minutes of something, I go for 20 or 10', so everything above it is good.
Since I also can't plan the length of the rest necessary afterwards to be able to do something more, it's often better to keep a buffer there too.
Shorter activities, shorter breaks... or I'm free to decide it's important, I don't mind overdoing it and will rest a few hours after....

I feel like we have to laugh at stuff like
I laugh much more than I used to, altho the first months of fibro were hard to find something to laugh about. Now my object of laughter is always with me..

I make fun of mine , unless I’m grumbling about it , it’s an easier way of dealing with it , I wouldn’t make fun of anyone else’s but I do it to mine all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back