Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
Pa
I have recently started researching FM because after being diagnosed with it, I was never given information on it. I found a FM website that contained an overlapping conditions page. I have been diagnosed with 11 of the listed conditions. It's interesting to me how some of them tie in. I always contribute the chronic fatigue to the periodic limb movement disorder. The muscle spasms to the back surgery due to degenerative disk disease. The numbness and tingling to a pinched nerve. The arthritis due to an extremely active childhood of tree climbing, running everywhere I went and rough and tumble playing typical of a childhood in the country. The list goes on. I can explain away every symptom I have. Or I could until recently. Last week I had constant muscle spasms in my feet and legs that actually twisted my toes and feet up to the point that walking was not an option. I couldn't find an overlapping condition for that. I was diagnoses with Lyme in 2001. I always try to put things on that as well. Or else on my back, which I have had problems with since I was about 9. How does FM fit into all of this? Can it all be tied together? Finding this site is both comforting and terrifying to me. Does FM ever come alone, or does it bring other conditions along with it, or do the other conditions bring the FM? Thoughts anyone?

Welcome.
Well the thing with this illness is ,you could spend a life time tieing in one problem with another.
Yes lots of illness can be due to fibro.but lots of ppl can have lots of different illness without fibro.its abit like the chicken and the egg x

Thanks Forgetmenot. I think I spend so much effort trying to tie a symptom to an illness because I just don't want anymore new conditions! People spend so much time and effort to collect titles to go with their names to impress others. I just want one! The one that says 'healed of all medical conditions'!

pardon the spelling but what your doing is called roominating/rhemination. You are trying to solve a problem in your head and you end up getting nowhere. I do it for hours just after I wake up. They say that one should try and not do it. MayoClinic in Rochester MN teach that it is unhealthy and a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back