Pain and fear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

I have never experienced this kind of pain that I have it is turely very fighting especially when some of the symptoms are like covid symptoms I have been tested numerous times all the tests have come back negative thank the good lord I have very bad muscle pain in my arms it very frightening it comes a goes sometimes when it comes back it unbearable I have other symptoms that make believe I could have covid but like I said I have tested and tested over and over again and again all came negative it is still very scary and painful any suggestions

I have never experienced this kind of pain that I have it is turely very fighting especially when some of the symptoms are like covid symptoms I have been tested numerous times all the tests have come back negative thank the good lord I have very bad muscle pain in my arms it very frightening it comes a goes sometimes when it comes back it unbearable I have other symptoms that make believe I could have covid but like I said I have tested and tested over and over again and again all came negative it is still very scary and painful any suggestions oh I also have ringing in my ears

Hi Marlene,

You mention feeling very frightened, which makes me think of how I felt in the earlier days because of my fibromyalgia. I shared this post with another member yesterday, and thought perhaps you might find it valuable too:

I also used to feel like that - the horrible constant threat and fear feeling - and it was actually really triggering my symptoms and making everything worse. The more pain I felt, the more I panicked, which in turn triggered more pain. I actually worked with a neuropsychologist to get a handle on it. This is how I described what helped on another thread:
"I was stuck in a vicious cycle of being afraid of my body, and having a really massive stress response whenever my symptoms either flared up or did something I couldn't figure out, which in turn triggered my fibro. A therapist helped me make a massive breakthrough by introducing me to the idea of "radical acceptance". Emphasis on the radical!

He got me to sit with my pain, tuning into my body, and to try to accept that each feeling is just there, but that it can't hurt me. As awful as we might feel, that pain is just a sensation - it can't damage us in any way - and it will recede again. When we have a good day, we can try to just live in the moment, and enjoy it as much as we're able. The more we accept how we feel, the less likely we are to trigger ourselves more by dumping stress hormones into our systems."

Relaxation techniques and breath work really helped me stop that constant re-triggering, alongside pushing through doing body scans until those stress-responses just didn't happen any more! I've definitely experienced ringing in my ears when I've been totally overwhelmed by stress, so that could be where that's coming from - although I'm sadly no expert :unsure: I hope you can find something that helps you too 🌷

Hi Marlene,

You mention feeling very frightened, which makes me think of how I felt in the earlier days because of my fibromyalgia. I shared this post with another member yesterday, and thought perhaps you might find it valuable too:

Relaxation techniques and breath work really helped me stop that constant re-triggering, alongside pushing through doing body scans until those stress-responses just didn't happen any more! I've definitely experienced ringing in my ears when I've been totally overwhelmed by stress, so that could be where that's coming from - although I'm sadly no expert :unsure: I hope you can find something that helps you too 🌷
Thank for this information I do speak with a counselor and I am see a new doctor who I believe may help me with all this thank you again have a Great and Blessed Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back