Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Or
Has anyone done a pain management clinic? Tired of the pain.. Pros and cons of being a patient in a pain clinic.

Janellashley26,
welcome to the forum.

i have been in pain mgt for over two years.

first just because they say pain mgt does not mean you will get the drugs you need.

what you will find is a doctor that will give you a shot of lidocaine or something numbing in the neck/spine. very dangerous.
one slip and you are paralyzed for life.

some doctors only do that and nothing else.

then you will find places that throw their medical creed right out the window when you get there.

you will also find ones that dont believe in fibro and will do nothing for you.

find a good clinic with a doctor that believes in fibro. then interview them. find one you can work with.

you must be referred to a pain mgt clinic by a rummy or a neurologist. some states you can get one from the GP.

once you've found one you can work with, then you can first discuss a treatment plan and agreed pain level that you and the doctor think is acceptable.

read my post "starting a daily log book and why it helps". it will help you get the pain meds you need.

accept the drugs as something that will help you cope with your new life.

it took two years to get the morphine to a dose that would reduce my pain level from an 8 down to the level 2 pain the doctor and i agreed on.

i was on a med that could put you in an over dose at any dose at any time. i went through two over doses and wanted off the med. the doctor told me no way i went through a lot to get you on that med and it seams to be helping some. on my third overdose my wife and i told the doctor no more. just increase the morphine. my insurance company called the doctor and told her to increase the morphine.

well she increased it and its now helping.

learn as much as you can. take the drugs is what i say. try he natural things too.

learn how to do tapping and meditation to reduce your pains as well.

i hope i have helped you. if you have questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank you so much for sharing your info with me. Im going to look into it. Just wasnt sure exactly what I was getting into.. My dr has asked me if I wanted to try a pain clinic.

do it and speak to your pharmacists first. they know drugs!

Effect for therapy for fibro like accupunture only last couple hour. Because fibro is eternal dude. Sleep for eight hour a day . It reduce the pain level.

yes fatigue will give pain. reduce fatigue and get reduced pain.

eventually you will need the harder drugs to help you have a quality of life.

just learn all you can about each drug and you make the decision if you take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back