Pain is getting worse, don't know what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allibmac

Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
I was diagnosed about 4 years ago with fibromyalgia. The pain has always been mild for the most part, occasionally moderate. My pain is a deep ache all over my body. Feels like my bones hurt. The last couple months the pain has been getting worse. I've also started having pretty severe pain in the joints of my fingers, wrists, knees, and ankles. Testing for arthritis is negative and no swelling. I take Cymbalta, which used to keep the pain manageable. However it is getting so bad that I can barely stand it. Any treatment suggestions?

It may be time to start adding a second medication such as neurontin/gabapentin (Generic, old-school), or Lyrica (Expensive, though it has a $25/mo co-pay discount plan if you qualify), or any number of options. Good luck!

Allibmac,
It would help us if you tell what you have been doing for the last few years, other than the medication. What I mean is has anything new or upsetting happened recently? Because added stress can cause serious flares. Have you changed jobs or moved, anything different in your life can cause flares to develop. I have more trouble when the weather is cold, it is then that my toes ache and my hips and elbows, start hurting almost more than I can bear. I get cold spells.
A few tips I have mentioned around the forum is keep your lower legs and feet warm in bed. Always wear socks in and out of bed. Find a fiber or feather, or foam, 3" thick mattress pad to lay on top of your regular mattress. The extra softness helps relax tight muscles. Wear gloves on your hands to keep them warm. Try epson salts in your warm tub water.
And as Sulablue stated, an extra medication may help you. Let us know how your doing. Hope some of this helps. read around the forum for more new ideas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back