Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2006
Country
US
State
IN
The last 6 months or so,the pain I have been in has been horrible. I had a heart attack December 2020 and not getting any answers from the doctors on what I can do for pain management.
I know I’m severely limited on what I can take or use now because of the heart medications and was taken off some meds because of the interactions.
Any ideas?

The last 6 months or so,the pain I have been in has been horrible. I had a heart attack December 2020 and not getting any answers from the doctors on what I can do for pain management.
I know I’m severely limited on what I can take or use now because of the heart medications and was taken off some meds because of the interactions.
Any ideas?
Hi Drummer: Well, I'd think only taking meds might be a problem, whilst all of the fibro supps I take are good for my lipids, blood pressure and blood vessels, which means I've been able to come off all those meds in agreement with all docs without problems. Also due to a strict Mediterranean diet, as recommended by them: High in complex carbs, unsaturated fats, unprocessed foods.
Stress and anxiety would however be the first things for me to target, using all the 5+ kinds of relaxation techniques, plus CBT/ACT.
Understanding the pain, pinpointing symptoms and triggers.
And of course physio is essential for CVD, so as we're discussing on another thread short gentle "constant" exercise....

Hi Drummer 76! I am in the same situation re heart failure, and cannot take anything with ibuprofen or aspirin in. Paracetamol is ok, and I have an emergency supply of codeine for acute pain (which I try not to take). I agree with JayCS in that swallowing pain relief isn't a total solution. Rubbing/massaging substances into the skin/muscles/tendon areas helps me The massaging itself is beneficial. I use things like emu balm and comfrey root extract cream. Have just had a soak in magnesium flakes after an attempt at gardening. That relaxes the muscles and eases pain, too. Hope this gives you some ideas. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back