Not open for further replies.

Jettbear

Diagnosis
03/1988
Country
US
State
NY
Has anyone been to a pain management Dr. and if so what was your experience?

I've been to a couple of them with no results.

hi I was sent to a pain clinic and their answer was I was depressed and offered me tai chi!so no luck there, I cannot believe there is no one out there that does not have a magic cure for the pain.any ideas. sorry could not help.

i was diagnosed 10 yrs ago and still cannot get used to the pain.

Thanks for your replies Ronnie. I was on pain meds which helped but my Rheumy retired recently and am now being pushed off to a Pain Management center which I don't have much hope for. I understand you not getting used to the pain, I have had fibro for over 26 years and it has been a challenge to say the least. Good luck to you and hang in there!

The first pain management doctor I saw said he didn't "believe" in fibro, like it was the tooth fairy or such. Not been too optimistic about them since that horrible experience.

The difficulty with pain management doctors is that many of them do not believe in fibromyalgia. You kind of need to be your own doctor and determine what it is that works for you and how you can manage. This can involve doing physio, daily exercise, or trying out different western and eastern medicines to cope with the pain. Sadly, I don't think it ever goes away...

hi I was sent to a pain clinic and their answer was I was depressed and offered me tai chi!so no luck there, I cannot believe there is no one out there that does not have a magic cure for the pain.any ideas. sorry could not help.

Woops the exact same thing happened to me! Too bad they always want to find the easy way out! That's why I dislike pain clinics... It's all because you are depressed and need to get over it! Yeah right! The only thing that is depressing me is how sick I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back