Not open for further replies.

Tamzinann

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
I'm going though testing for fibromyalgia, and recently I've been waking up one day with pain everywhere then no pain. Then pain in my right hand side then pain in my left hand side.
My back has aways been the pain problem area but now it's going to my legs and arm but it's in different spots each day, very strange.
Also my hair had starter falling out 😔 I'm waiting on bloods and them im going for a pressure/tender point exam?

I'm just worried and scared 😨

Tamzian, no wonder you are worried and scared. Most people would be, and it would be abnormal if it did not affect you this way. I know what you are going through because I have been there and it is very hard. Most if not all of us can relate to what you are saying, whether our pain moves around like yours or not. We have experienced our own version of it.

I cannot help but remind you that your worry does nothing to affect the outcomes, the past, present, or future. What it does do is hurt you. worry is stress - stress makes the symptoms of fibromyalgia and many other similar conditions worse.

So, the best thing you can do, apart from coming here for sympathy which you will receive from us, is to do whatever you can to distract yourself from the worried thoughts and reduce your stress.

If it turns out to be fibro, this forum is a good resource. This forum has many people who have learned to manage their symptoms in healthy ways and still live a life well worthwhile. We will help you and you will learn as you go along what works best for you.

And every time you start to worry, do something to stop those thoughts and focus on doing something healthy for yourself instead.

And, let us know how it is going.

I try to take my mind off it I read books and things. But as soon as I stop my mind goes back to it.
I've learnt alot already from this forum 😊 I've found a food app to manage my pain as well. I think all these things going om makes me worry
Thank you for the support.

It's probably (of course?) not the pains moving, they are alternating. Partly it's a question of addressing it generally with all kinds of treatments, partly of taking each pain region fairly seriously and learning quick hacks what to do with it. After osteopathy and acupressure getting my single pains down generally, often twist-stretching the region gets rid of it quickly. I go for zero tolerance, i.e. not waiting for it to go by itself, but doing something actively quickly before it gets my nerves & mind into a rut.
The general Ache is something different, that needs something for the whole body system.

If it makes you feel any better, JayCS, I have things like spasms move around. I am in the process of being diagnosed, too. My internist thinks I have it. But because the signs are so varied, she is sending me to the neurologist to rule anything out on his end he might see. I found a good link on YouTube that seemed to affirm that this "moving around" is not uncommon, though it seems on here many have paint that is kind of everywhere all the time. I will let them answer, as they are more adept at this issue than I am. For me it is not just an issue of "widespread pain." Some days I don't really have that, in fact, the insomnia issue has been one I've struggled with much more for years, since hitting perimenopause, then menopause. But some of the linked conditions many fibro suffers have I have had as well over the years. So I have a feeling it's fibro at least in part, because there are so many correlations. I hope that things work out, like the others said, it is good to have a group where you can shout out and someone answers, you know?

If it makes you feel any better, JayCS, I have things like spasms move around.
Deb - Not quite sure why it shd make me feel better 🧐; but it actually sort of does 😎,
cos you've pointed me to something I have a bit sometimes:
When one part of my body starts cramping, another may "continue", and I think it's part of a sort of connected wave.
But I'm still sure that when pains seem to move it's usually an illusion caused by several temporary pains.

Greetings:

Yes, I have experienced more then once, a severe pain in lower back that came out of nowhere during the middle of the day. It would gradually lessen in severity as the day continued, but by next morning, was back with a vengeance. A very hot shower focusing the water on lower back relieved this pain for a time. In a couple of days, this pain moved-up into one-side of my chest...deep in there. In the past, these incidents have gone away on their own, but not after days of painful movements. I'm pretty healthy, on no meds...and run 3-4 times a week (age 61). This is about the only issue I experience health-wise. So does this describe Fibromyalgia or something else? I've been reading that arthritis can also move around the body but is mostly focused upon joints. My pains don't appear to be in the joints nor can I say they are really spasms as they don't twitch for anything...just intense pain making a given movment. Thanks in advance for any & all feedback, guidance.

Hi @DiegoGarcia! I am newer to fibro diagnosis this year, but arthritis doesn't move. Either it shows up in an x-ray as degeneration or not. However, if you have degeneration there, even mild, I am finding in my case it may act up when I have a flare because it is weak spot for me. In fact, all these weird things hurt that I didn't even know were weak spots...and they later go away. I have had spasms move all over the body. Fibro affects both muscles and joints I find, but someone can correct me if mistaken. Initially I kept thinking, "This can't be fibro. I am hurting areas where I already am diagnosed for this or that." But as time went on, it became clearer and this year it coalesced with flares and some bizarre symptoms, like cramping all over the body that gabapentin now controls.. I have not had exactly what you describe, but I might have my neck acting up a few days - I have had neck issues for years but fibro will make it act up - and then it goes away. And then a week later it is my elbows, where I have had tennis/golf elbow, though I may not notice it till I go to handle that joint. This is a journey!

Greetings:

Yes, I have experienced more then once, a severe pain in lower back that came out of nowhere during the middle of the day. It would gradually lessen in severity as the day continued, but by next morning, was back with a vengeance. A very hot shower focusing the water on lower back relieved this pain for a time. In a couple of days, this pain moved-up into one-side of my chest...deep in there. In the past, these incidents have gone away on their own, but not after days of painful movements. I'm pretty healthy, on no meds...and run 3-4 times a week (age 61). This is about the only issue I experience health-wise. So does this describe Fibromyalgia or something else? I've been reading that arthritis can also move around the body but is mostly focused upon joints. My pains don't appear to be in the joints nor can I say they are really spasms as they don't twitch for anything...just intense pain making a given movment. Thanks in advance for any & all feedback, guidance.
Hi DiegoGarcia,

Welcome here! Generally, fibromyalgia presents as body-wide pain, although it can be more extreme in certain areas, and move around the body. If back/chest pain is the only symptom you've experienced, I'm wondering what made you land on fibromyalgia? I don't mean this as dismissive in the slightest - my fibromyalgia diagnosis was masked for years by a spinal injury. I didn't fully recognise all of the pain, because some was so extreme. I'm just curious where you are on your journey - perhaps I can help!

Last edited:
Please refrain from link posting
I'm going though testing for fibromyalgia, and recently I've been waking up one day with pain everywhere then no pain. Then pain in my right hand side then pain in my left hand side.
My back has aways been the pain problem area but now it's going to my legs and arm but it's in different spots each day, very strange.
Also my hair had starter falling out 😔 I'm waiting on bloods and them im going for a pressure/tender point exam?

I'm just worried and scared 😨
Hi! I am in the beginning stages of being diagnosed. So I don't know much about Fibromyalgia. We were not sure if it was myofascial pain syndrome or fibro but I was told the way they behave and the treatment is the same. Cold/change in weather seems to be a trigger for me. My hot tub helps, and I was using CBD and even THC at times for short relief. Regardless, pain was everywhere sometimes, every joint, sore muscles, and sometimes just a few areas, and every area I had every hurt, would hurt again. I found RST/sanexa treatments to help. I rotate treatments, my feet, neck, back. shoulders, hands, and it has helped overall immensely. It is an FDA approved treatment, studies done, and covered by most insurance. I would look for a place near you, there are not many.

I have also watched my gut health, as flare ups with that also seem to trigger pain and inflammation everywhere. I got help for that through rachelstea.com. I drink the digestive tea and take slippery elm or sometimes I drink plain gelatin, to help prevent leaky gut. I have to stay away from gluten, corn, quinoa, limited dairy, and low carb. Sugars will not help your inflammation. Maybe an anti inflammatory diet will help. I would keep a food diary and see if flare ups coincide with foods you eat. So you may want to check into your gut health/diet as well.

I found RST/sanexa treatments to help. I rotate treatments, my feet, neck, back. shoulders, hands, and it has helped overall immensely. It is an FDA approved treatment, studies done, and covered by most insurance. I would look for a place near you, there are not many.
Hi ceeleebee - hadn't heard of this before.
Looking up I can see people where it or something similar(?) harmed (on connect mayoclinic org), that it seems to be very expensive and strangely I can only see claims that studies have been done (on sites of organisations offering the treatment), but I can't find the actual studies, so I can have a look at the results. Could you point us to some?
RST = "Resonant Specific Technologies", the name of the corporation. The treatment is called "electric cell signaling". There is nothing on this on pubmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back