Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2003
Country
US
State
WV
I am 40 years old, mom of 3 girls plus a bonus daughter. I have been living with Fibromyalgia for more than 10 years. I have recently been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis as well. I hurt 24/7 and nothing is helping any more. I am working full time. I have major difficulty with stairs. And recently I have been experiencing insomnia and night terrors. I am always going on a sleep deficit. I was on Gabapentin for a few years, it helped but I gained 40 lbs. I have lost some of it. I am very happily married and I have a happy and fulfilling life. I just wish I could hurt less and enjoy life more. It is hard to keep smiling and shining when all you want to do is cry. I am going to a new doctor soon. I just got new insurance. I thought I would try reaching out to others suffering from this type of pain so I won't feel so alone. My husband is very supportive, and extremely understanding but I worry how he views me. Always afraid of being seen as lazy or boring. Anyway, I hope to make some friends here. -PurpleAnkh

-PurpleAnkh,

there re things you can do to reduce your pains.

try the breathing exercise. try the tapping technique.

meditation helps.

hot showers and hot towels on your legs.

you are experiencing fatigue. this will cause you pain too.

i have several posts about how to reduce your pain.

first see my post "starting a daily log book and why it helps"

get the log book started right away, it will help you with the doctor visit.

osteoarthritis, this is very painful each time you move. there are meds for that.

you can see all my posts. click on my name. then click on statics. you will see on the left threads started by cmetryme.

start read them. fast and easy way to get the information you need.

first it sounds like your trying to live a normal life and no a fibro or arthritus life!

full time work is way over doing it plus im sure you come home and do a full load!

your husband is understanding your ahead of allot of fibro people!

now beat the silence talk openly share everything hide nothing i used to hide now me and my wife are open!

she is far from mr lazy she yells at me for doing to much like abouve a log a day by day hour by hour pain level

whitch we all know is a joke but still 1 to 10 or off the scale share and show these to him every day make him

one with you no secreats no hideing pain suffering the more open a relationship the better on every area!

with fibromyalgia your old life is gone its time to listen to the pain to your body to its limits to when it says enough

and then ask for help this sorry may even mean end of job but if your open he will understand its not what we loose

or is taken from us by fibro but about exploreing a new life a life you make good or bad a life you choose lots of pain

or more manageable pain we still have a life fun do stuff just modified just listening to our bodies read the journals

read my new commers diet tips see a sleep doctor have sleep studies done no sleep fibro is gone off the chart trust

me i have insomnia and sleep apnea i had the wrong machine for 3 years of hell i was almost in a wheel chair by the

time i got the right machine now that my sleep is right pain is down more active etc

pm me or anyone who offers were here for you and have all been through it

sorry for what your going through best wishes

Sounds a little like me and my family. My husband is a great person very supportive. My daughters, who are in their 30's, live with us and take care of dinner for me.

The other people are giving you great advice. Please don't be afraid to ask for help. Everybody in the family can help, get your kids to pitch-in. They will be better people for it. They can vacuum, sweep floors, do dishes, set table. Work part-time, if your family can afford it. See if you can work from home, or if there is a place at work that you could lay down and rest when things get to stressful. It depends on how willing your employer is to work with you.

I had to go on disability. Many people feel shame if they have to go on disability through the Social Security, but please don't. If you go on Social Security Disability Insurance that is your money that you put into the system against the time that you may have a disability. You are not on a government handout that is your MONEY. Look on your paycheck for the taxes they take out it is the SSDI.

I used to have bad nightmares. When I would be in bed I would do lucid dreaming. Where I would take the dreams that scared me and redream them so that they turned out good. I might also just tell myself over and over, "You going to have good dreams.":grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back