Pain preference if given a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, i wish i could eliminate it, but like you, that has not been an option for a very long time
if it isnt one thing causing me grief, it is something else..

like i said, i can deal with the dull achy pain, but those sudden, sharp stabbing pains really suck. they are like someone stabbing me with a cherry red hot ice pick... and it is never in the same place twice in a row.. might be the meaty part of the palm one time, middle of the forearm (opposite side) the next, and maybe a finger the time after that - occasionally the feet & toes get in on the act as well.. 😖
I call it my internal travelling circus, you never know what your guna get or where its going next

Hope, to also defend your question, as said:
I see your question not only as interesting and legitimate,
I also think it is useful for prioritizing our symptoms and taking responsibility for our treatment plans, rather than expecting pain to go away by itself or the imagined magic pill from an imagined magic doc.

Hope, to also defend your question, as said:
I see your question not only as interesting and legitimate,
I also think it is useful for prioritizing our symptoms and taking responsibility for our treatment plans, rather than expecting pain to go away by itself or the imagined magic pill from an imagined magic doc.
Thanks JayCS, For me im curious by nature i want to understand more, know how things work etc and you are so right in terms of taking control of our treatment and journey and tracking our symptoms and checking in with your body, perhaps preference may be the wrong word(for some) it was just how it occurred to me in my little internal conversation. Substitute preference for prioritise in that which pain do you place a higher priority on of needing to manage or which has the greater impact.
Its really the first time my inner monologue changed from the conversation of 'well i want no pain or less pain' to 'well actually that pain was less shit than this one'(to put it in context ive been fluctuating between whole body being really bad to my left hip being really really bad for around two weeks, hence the quite specific example)'

Just had further thoughts on this topic of 'preference' here
(very specific: energy types/preferences, but also very generally: symptom preferences are what our treatment decisions are based on).

Just had further thoughts on this topic of 'preference' here
(very specific: energy types/preferences, but also very generally: symptom preferences are what our treatment decisions are based on).
For me, in the space i am in preference is a word that resonates for me. For me it provides a sense of choice/decision within the non decision that is the fact we all live with the pain we do

I was just reading your other post 😊

preference is a word that resonates for me. For me it provides a sense of choice/decision within the non decision
Brilliantly put! - that's a keeper!

As my neck pain and migraines are some of the most unpleasant pains I would rather the general dull muscle aches. During migraines I remind myself at least they don't happen every day, although the milder tension headache does. Sharper pains are probably more unsettling for me, sharp pain over the point of my right elbow is making things awkward at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back