Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nv
I recently came across a woodland flower that goes by the name ghost or Indian pipe that you can get in tincture form. It is amazing! It helps with nerve body and brain pain. If you can go to Esty and read the reviews. I can't believe how much it helps even with my arthritic hip!
If you're dealing with alot of pain you should give it a try. No side effects. And very helpful with stress.

I recently came across a woodland flower that goes by the name ghost or Indian pipe that you can get in tincture form. It is amazing! It helps with nerve body and brain pain. If you can go to Esty and read the reviews. I can't believe how much it helps even with my arthritic hip!
If you're dealing with alot of pain you should give it a try. No side effects. And very helpful with stress.
What a beautiful white flower! I'd love to see them for real! 💮 🌻
If I didn't know I'd call them ghost or Indian pipe or ghost Indian pipe or Indian ghost pipe myself... 😊

I'm always interested in natural remedies, but I'm finding it hard to find anything to convince me about this.
If you mean Etsy we don't know that platform at all well here and I don't know its repute?
I find the reviews unhelpful & nerve-wracking....
My first go to is always the most negative reviews - they often convince me more than the positive ones that a product may be quite good. But there aren't any. That's not possible. Same as it's not possible for anything to have no side effects.... Not with my body... 🙃
Also: Is there any way to get more on one page? I only get 3 on one page it takes ages to scroll thru.
So far I've only found one review about pain. Mainly for anxiety and related things like nausea. Which concurs with what wikipedia says it's used for...

Anyone else tried it? Are there any other sites about this? I can't find any good ones at the moment...

Last edited:
Etsy is a selling platform, for crafters, artists and such.. not sure i would trust much coming from there with no real regulation on how the tinctures are made, what goes into them, etc.

Not saying it is no good, but please be careful.

Yes Etsy is where I bought it not researched! If you want me to send you the info, send me your email.
I have been taking it for 4 days now and honestly feel it works. I felt it after the first 20 drops.

there is quite a bit of information about this plant, and the use of a tincture made from it, at a site called Unruly Gardening.
I do hope that the person you got your tincture from is responsible about harvesting, and not in a state where it is endangered in any way

Etsy is a selling platform, for crafters, artists and such.. not sure i would trust much coming from there with no real regulation on how the tinctures are made, what goes into them, etc.
Yes Etsy is where I bought it not researched! If you want me to send you the info, send me your email.
I have been taking it for 4 days now and honestly feel it works. I felt it after the first 20 drops.
there is quite a bit of information about this plant, and the use of a tincture made from it, at a site called Unruly Gardening.
I do hope that the person you got your tincture from is responsible about harvesting, and not in a state where it is endangered in any way
Thanks cookiebaker, your thoughts are very helpful and nicely put....! (y) 👐
So, I see clearer now - but all these and more are reasons for me to not even think about taking it.

Creola: Can't you just openly name the website where you 'researched' it?
4 days is a very short time. There's quite a few rarer supps (enzymes) I used for that time that seemed to work, but then didn't, and I knew that's not really anything to shout about. 4 weeks praps, better 4 months to make sure there's no placebo effect involved.

Good site - I'd seen Unruly Gardening, but it appeared less responsible than its actual contents.
From that to me it seems even more endangered and I definitely wouldn't want to take that risk.
As to side effects - it mentions there that it is very potent / strong, and "Don’t use before driving, operating machinery, or going outside your house because it can cause sleepiness. It kicks in for us about 20 minutes after taking. We find it calming and relaxing, but it is a slightly strange feeling, like you’re “zooming” away from your pain." Those are exactly the effects that cause most difficulty to me....

Last edited:
How did you find out about it Creola? 💮

Does this flower/extract come under a different name? (I could look in my local herbal/health food store for it/something similar) nerve pain's been playing me up last few days + if I have another gabapentin increase the townsfolk will think I'm a drunk! 🙄🙂

• Sad
Reactions: Nan
Does this flower/extract come under a different name? (I could look in my local herbal/health food store for it/something similar)
No chance, it's a rare and pretty unknown US flower that we'll never get in Europe locally.
nerve pain's been playing me up last few days + if I have another gabapentin increase the townsfolk will think I'm a drunk!
:( + :LOL: - so what!? (But don't!) Can't remember: tried a TENS unit on that? 🧐

(I could look in my local herbal/health food store for it/something similar)
from what research i have done, it is not something you are going to find in a store.
the plant can not be grown commercially - it has VERY specific requirements for growth that are not easily duplicated - pretty much impossible, really.

Thanks cookiebaker, your thoughts are very helpful and nicely put....!
Thank you Jay.. i try. :)

I guess my concern is that it is listed as being very powerful, and with no real regulation on potency, or conditions under which the tincture is made, it might be possible to easily overdo it without realizing it, or the tincture could possibly be contaminated. Basing a decision of using something like this on reviews (that can be bought) concerns me.

@Creola17 - I, too, am interested in how you came across this flower/tincture, and how much research you have done on this.

Please do not take my concern the wrong way. I have never heard of this plant or its medicinal properties before. I have looked into many natural remedies over the years for various things, and have never come across this one.

I haven't got a ten's unit , my fibros been playing me up (if I get another pain med increase I'll be unfunctionable) 💤😴💤

• Sad
Reactions: Nan
Auriel, I advise getting a TENS machine and give it a try.

As for the herbal thing, I always advise that a person steer well clear of taking something that they get off the internet which is unregulated and basically unknown. You can't learn anything from reviews when it comes to this kind of thing and as Jay indicated, it is a huge gamble to just swallow something you don't even know about, nor know the real source of it , if the source is reliable or not, or what it really even is.

Don't gamble with your body this way, is my advice.

Now, if interested in this, what I would suggest is first look up and research all the info I can find on this herb...not from sites that are trying to sell you something, but from scientific botanical sites.
Then, I would go in person or call my local (or not so local) herb shop and ask them about it.
Or, ask a Naturopath what they think of it.
Then, if it seems like something worth trying, find out what dose is good for your size (again, a Naturopath or certified Herbalist) and then get it from a source you can be certain is reliable, such as a local shop or a company which comes highly recommended by a professional or someone you know. Anything else is a crap-shoot and I figure that I have enough problems with my body without doing experimentation with something which could be harmful.

Just reading reviews of something on a selling platform doesn't tell you what you need to know about something like this, since some or many of them could be fake. Etsy makes no investigation or regulation on what is sold as long as it is legal. And sometimes, I have found, they don't actually know what is illegal.
If the species in endangered, no one should be selling it, but that doesn't mean it is on the protected species list. Be worthwhile to look into that too, perhaps.

My health shop doesn't stock it (jaycs didn't think they would anyway) I'll try other things or wait it out till I get a better week 🙏🏻

get it from a source you can be certain is reliable, such as a local shop or a company which comes highly recommended by a professional or someone you know.
Aside from knowing this is "always right".... I've just come across a small German shop that encapsulates & sells a few
sel3cted pure supps. The one I bought one of them from before (luteolin) stated "laboratory-tested" and is very expensive -
it's an important one for MCAS and also helps . And usually I try to get all products via (German) (online) pharmacies hoping they know what they're doing.
Now the shop looks like a start-up that could do with some support and they sell the products in greater bulk, so quite a bit cheaper than others. Also a small peek into the company philosophy shows there seems a real naturopath interest and connection to established good naturopaths. But before I waste money I have now asked for some kind of "proof"... It's all putting me on the spot, because I'm getting totally confused what supps I want to buy where, it's taking ages, and somehow the heat, probably fog and newly found energy from the acupuncture yesterday is making it extremely hard to make decisions at the moment. Instead I've gone for 2 1-hour activities today - fun and no backlash. Ha, if the energy keeps up, maybe it's telling me I don't need all supps anymore... - well yep, but the fog....

The 3 in the 2nd line is because that word is being blacklisted as spam ("Oops" - error message). A short search why this might happen shows it's cos of the spam phrase "you have been sel......" Leaving the -ed off doesn't work either...
Just in case you've been getting some "Oops" error messages. Didn't used to be the case, seems new.

Last edited:
I haven't got a ten's unit , my fibros been playing me up (if I get another pain med increase I'll be unfunctionable) 💤😴💤
you can get a portable tens unit on Amazon - i got mine from there and do like it, even if I dont use it as often as I should.
the one i have is made by Santa Medical, and they have made some major changes since i got mine (more than 10 yrs ago, but it still works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back