Pain relief from ghost pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all. No help from doctor, she had some young man call me over a week ago and he didn't have much information. My husband and I have searched online and ordered oxygen, a natural inhaler and the breathing exercise thing. They should be here soon. I just sit up to sleep and have to try not to get upset. (Easier said then done when can't breathe). I thought I was catching a cold and coughing alot. It's been a couple of scarry weeks.

I really appreciate your suggestions. You've been nicer to me then my doctor.
I guess when you get old (I'm 70) they don't care. Oh well
I think you need a new doctor! that's what I think.
they should have offered you some kind of medication - it really does help. There are several out there, so which one would be best for you is hard to say, and something to speak with someone about. Pulmonary med would be the resource to talk to for more information on that.

and yeah, i know about the sleeping upright - have been there many, many times...recliners are great... but with proper medication and getting your breathing & coughing under control, you should be able to get to a point of being able to sleep in a normal position again

Hope you can get some relief soon!

I guess that would be like the boots in our UK , ok, thanks 🍪💜🍪

...searched online and ordered oxygen...
i am curious why you ordered the oxygen? was it suggested to you to do so?
do you know what your oxygen saturation is? (the thing they clip on your finger gives that reading) If you are at 95% or better, you don't typically need oxygen. Lower than that it would definitely help to use the oxygen.
I am listed as being COPD Severe, but i am not on oxygen, as i dont need it yet. My saturation rates are usually around 96-97% still, so the inhaler type meds are working well enough for me. There will probably come a time i will need it, but not yet

Unfortunately, we have to be our own advocates when it comes to our health. If you feel like you are being brushed off because of your age, that is a BIG problem, and I would definitely be trying to find a different doctor that is more caring about you and your health. I dont care how old someone is, no one deserves to be treated like that, and I am very sorry you have been treated that way.

I have to laugh, because the older I get (currently 58), the more I wont put up with being brushed off. I used to be one of those that just accepted what I was told, and went along with things... dont rock the boat... Now, I will get up and start that boat rocking pretty hard if I dont get proper answers to my questions, or if I feel I am being brushed off.
I walked out - no, stormed out is more appropriate here - on an Endocrinologist for being patronizing, and having made up his mind there was nothing wrong with me before he ever even saw me, but not before telling him why I was leaving. I kinda think the whole wing heard why, to be honest... (i was not subtle about it)

You can get oxygen online! you really can get anything on there! 😳😳😳

Hello I am new here, have been suffering with a lot of pain for a long time, can you let me know how or where I can order the Ghost pipe you have mentioned, it would be very appreciated.
Thank you 🙏

Hello I am new here, have been suffering with a lot of pain for a long time, ... how or where I can order the Ghost pipe
Hi Mooji, and welcome!
Although it helps Creola it is very unlikely that this will help - even less so than many other supps/herbs.
It's something anyone else should only think about trying if they have already done everything in @sunkacola's Big Advice Post, plus all the many other supps and physical treatments with evidence to help with fibromyalgia/pain we regularly share on this forum, because those are things which which many more people have found to help.

Even if that can't stop you from trying a shot in the dark, instead of in the light, it would be wrong of us to recommend a place to buy it from, as you should be reading up about it extensively yourself and best also like sunkacola said ask someone in a reputable herb store (altho they probably don't know anything about it).

Last edited:
Hi Mooji, and welcome!
Although it helps Creola it is very unlikely that this will help - even less so than many other supps/herbs.
It's something anyone else should only think about trying if they have already done everything in @sunkacola's Big Advice Post, plus all the many other supps and physical treatments with evidence to help with fibromyalgia/pain we regularly share on this forum, because those are things which which many more people have found to help.

Even if that can't stop you from trying a shot in the dark, instead of in the light, it would be wrong of us to recommend a place to buy it from, as you should be reading up about it extensively yourself and best also like sunkacola said ask someone in a reputable herb store (altho they probably don't know anything about it).
I second this completely.
@Mooji , please read my post with advice for things to try, and let us know how that is going for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back