Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
They always say the Eskimo/Inuit have X number of words for snow...I think we should have a bunch of words for pain.

There's that burning pain, tingling pain, dull ache, needles in my joints pain, seizing pain, muscle spasmy pain, hit by a truck pain (a morning favorite). There's also one I get when I'm really down & out - feels like some has tightened bands around all my limb joints (wrists, elbows, ankles, knees) - pressure & tightness. Oh - and not to forget waking up with that muscle freezing pain - esp. the neck - where it feels like you've torn a muscle and can't totally turn your head.

This is so frustrating - the only one I've managed to beat back a bit is the tingling one (amitriptyline)....the rest are just a grab bag of surprises that pop up in random order.

Hmm....is stiffness considered a pain ? Didn't mention hip bursitis or degenerative disc disease in the lower back....

Did I mention it snowed where I live ? I think I might just crawl back into bed....:wink:

There are so many I have for pain and they are not all non-obscene or non-vulgar. The pain that I have experienced has caused me to have several means of mood changes and new mood changes than occasionally scare my loving husband. Honestly, my back takes the pain the worst but I am so thankful for the fact that my husband is willing to be my private masseuse.

Great when we are able to appreciate all the small things. :)

They always say the Eskimo/Inuit have X number of words for snow...I think we should have a bunch of words for pain.

There's that burning pain, tingling pain, dull ache, needles in my joints pain, seizing pain, muscle spasmy pain, hit by a truck pain (a morning favorite). There's also one I get when I'm really down & out - feels like some has tightened bands around all my limb joints (wrists, elbows, ankles, knees) - pressure & tightness. Oh - and not to forget waking up with that muscle freezing pain - esp. the neck - where it feels like you've torn a muscle and can't totally turn your head.

This is so frustrating - the only one I've managed to beat back a bit is the tingling one (amitriptyline)....the rest are just a grab bag of surprises that pop up in random order.

Hmm....is stiffness considered a pain ? Didn't mention hip bursitis or degenerative disc disease in the lower back....

Did I mention it snowed where I live ? I think I might just crawl back into bed....:wink:

Lol, you forgot kids, partners and in-laws!!! JK I get it, I'm kinda glad there's just one word because I could never remember more then that! Mental pain...depression, anxiety, frustration to tears exc. we get them all, spared from almost none. Just thinking about it is causing me...what's that word?

A nap does help

If i could sleep all day i would, because sleeping gets rid of the constant pain and the bouts of depression. So sick of dealing with this, and my doctor has only been giving me medicine for years which never seems to help. Tried a few different kinds like Cymbalta and gabapentin as well as tramadol percocet and vicodin.. The longer i take it the more i need of it and the more i take the less it works. Im tired of this i with there was a cure. Everything from back pain, knee pains neck pains, heartburn, fatigue, depression, anxiety, stomach cramps almost every time i eat something, fibro fog-my 11 year old gets frustrated with me because she thinks i can't hear her but really I'm just lost in another world. It hurts to get up for work every morning, and to sit or stand for long periods. Walking makes my back hurt worse. .. Im trying to find better treatments... But i just don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back