Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Ny
Aside from regular symptoms, the past 2 weeks i've had a specific problem area. It was on and off but for the last 4 days I've hadan extreme knot in my left shoulder blade which carries over to the left side of my neck. Can barely turn my head. I can actually feel the lump where the pain is coming from.

On top of this and during the same time, ive been waking up with much higher pain levels (actually moaning) which takes some time to dissipate. My.glands feel a little swollen and i have a "sick taste" but no fever. Anyone experience this? Could it just be a flare up?? Ty

If you can, get to a Rumatolagist, then to a physical therapist , they can give you ways to cope. Exersize spasificly for your neck and shoulders. Heat pad, then ice. Ibeprofin.

I am usually worse first thing in the morning and it takes me a while to get going.

Sometimes it is hard for me to tell if I really have a sore throat or if it is just that the burning "background" pain has moved to that part of my body.If I think it is an infection, I gargle with salt water several times a day.

As far as the muscle knots go, they can be extremely painful for people with fibromyalgia. Sometimes the muscle knot is a trigger point, meaning it causes pain in other parts of the body (for example, knots in the neck can cause pain on top of the head). I've found that doing trigger point therapy on myself can help. I got the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies, which does a good job explaining how it works. You can also do an on-line search to find most of the information you would need. Basically, you massage the knots out using something like a theracane (a tool that allows you to massage difficult to reach places). With fibromyalgia, you have to be extra gentle when you do the massage. I have been able to reduce some pretty intense pain this way.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back