Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine seems to have gotten a bit better. I didn't even know this existed. I think this is where my first started as years ago I could not stand without my feet and heels hurting so bad I could cry. About 20 minutes or so was all I had. I couldn't even finish a grocery shopping errand. I would rock back and forth on each side of my foot and lift them off the ground one at a time to help relieve pain. It hurt so tremendously bad. My ankles were seriously swollen as well as my legs. I was told I must have bad veins from being a mom, as it happens sometimes after birth, and to go home and put my feet up. My son was 10 at the time. He's 18 now. I just dealt with it by staying off my feet as much as I could. Actually, I haven't been on my feet as long since my legs are killing me all the time now, as well as everything else, since last year and being diagnosed with fibro. It's crazy to me to see how many were going through the same thing as me. We'll see what the summer brings me. That foot pain is tear worthy.

I do in my back, mid and lower, my feet, and my knees. I haven't resorted to a cane, but I can honestly say that it has crossed my mind. Then it doesn't make it any better when I wear high heels, trying to be cute. I am 36 years old. I don't want to walk around in flats all the time because sometimes flats don't go with the type of pants you wear of the dress you put on. I realize it is only making things worst for me. So I don't expect sympathy from anyone. How does the cane work for you, though? Maybe I will look into that for myself if it makes a difference. Yeah prolonged walking, standing, and even sitting can be a challenge.

Yes after a short period of time standing or walking my legs/feet hurt more than usual and my hips are stiff. My feet hurt most of the time,they are so tight. I guess I should look into pf. Thanks for the info.

Yes. I have no idea why, but it has been really bugging me lately. I try to walk to exercise, but the pain in my legs overwhelms me. I don't know what to do. Exercise is supposed to make you feel better, right?

My issues with walking are thighs & calves being tight as if I went running for miles. They do not seem to relax but I have had some bouts of plantar fasciitis but not severe. I have had this mostly when I wear very low heal sneakers and been on my feet a lot during the day. I have weight that I need to lose and in the past, I was able to jump start my metabolism by jogging and weight lifting but I cannot jog on a treadmill. I tried last week and could only last 1 minute before I had to walk instead and paid dearly for that action.

I get suggestions from many people that I need to exercise more and watch what I eat. I do this but the exercise is limited to weight training and low impact exercise so no jump start. People not experiencing the pain do not understand how limiting it is and frustrating. I used to hike a lot and last week, me and my family went on a hike and my calf muscles felt like they were tearing apart.

I have terrible pain when walking. Some times I can have a good day and go for a walk just fine. Others, I get feeling of ice in my veins or like someone cutting my calves open with a knife, plus electric taser like pain. I had this going on all weekend and had to put myself on the couch as I could barely walk. Lasted Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I still feel it today, but not as bad as yesterday. Seems I have a roller coaster ride of good - bad - good - bad and it just continuously goes up and down. It's starting to wear on me. I feel for you. Not being able to move around like you want just plain old stinks.

My feet used to be real bad and I couldn't walk on them hardly at all. I had to rock back and forth on the sides of my feet to stand.

My knee is now giving me problems and sometimes I can't put weight on it at all and I limp around.

My thighs also get real tight and it's hard to move them as well.

I also have brain fog and it caused me to answer your post twice. LOL

Walking does cause me pain. Most of my pain is in my knees. I sometimes have bad calf pain as well. But I still try to walk as it is the only form of physical activity I can really do at all.

Hi, I was just diagnosed today by the Neurologist. I currently am having lots of pain which seems to get worse and worse all the time. I'm not educated on this diagnosis/disease so i'm not sure if everyone has different symptoms or not but I have a question about pain and walking. One of the pain issues i'm currently having is pain while walking. In fact, i've resorted to buying a cane for the times when it's that bad (which usually is at the end of the day). Has anyone here had this same problem? If anyone could possibly advise me on this, or could help me better understand this disease, it would be very much appreciated.

Have a great day,
David

You have to check with your spine doctor. My aunt had the same issue and she found out that she actually has slip disc (something wrong with the spine) and the pain just basically reverberates to her legs. If it's a serious case, surgery might be necessary.

Pain with walking can mean a lot of things and overall I think it should not be ignored.

Hello, David, what exactly does it hurt when you are walking ? I use to have the pain in my legs when I was touching them. Like i could not tolorate pedicure or even slight massaging. Also the pain was coming from the skin when my pants or skirt were touching it. Also I had pain in my legs when driving a car. just because of vibration or moving it from one pedal to another pedal. Ohh ! So I was trying to avoid driving. When I was a passenger in the car i always moved the seat all over toward the front and put pillows to the sides around my legs to keep them tight and not vibrate. My life was horrible. The Golden Sea Cucumber powder I start eating I believe relieved my pain. Maybe it would be good idea for you to try it. I order it on the internet, and take two capsules twice a day. It works for me. It worth to try. My best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back