Not open for further replies.

Beepbeep

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
Hello, for years now I've had problems with spasms. I know fibro is just a term for they don't know what it is, but its really bothered me lately.i get them in my upper back and it spreads to my neck and head, causing so much pain I feel as though I'm being electrocuted. I also have IBS and get spasms all over my stomach. Basically what is the best remedy for the worst spasms of your life?

I suggest you read my post of advice, found at the top of the General forum. The more things you do to bolster your overall health, the better you may feel.

For spasms, which I get in my back and legs, I have found that a TENS machine is the most helpful.
Heating pad is something helpful as well, but the TENS is better.

Heating pat and turmeric tea is good for spasms.

I know fibro is just a term for they don't know what it is
Well - some people say this and some say it's a dump syndrome where pain things are lumped together. But I think that's way too flippant. Let's try it: I think it's fairly well defined as a (probably: group of) chronic muscle-pain-diseases all over, especially muscles & tendons, which result in many different kinds of "pain" that seem to change their locality, probably for several different reasons. It's true, that they don't know what it is caused by and how it works (altho quite a few docs claim to know) and it's true that it's individually different, but there's also a lot of things in common and a lot of things which set it apart from other syndromes. It's just there is no proof for it yet, just a certain amount of proof against it being something else... So you don't need to say "I know... But" - your spasms are real and you will probably find something to help them, because there are lots of things you can try.
In your case, ideas which worked for me for belly spasms were a careful elimination diet to find out food intolerances, plus psyllium (for IBSD/C, in my case D, so with little water),
for back spasms: osteopathy, very gentle exercise, heat, (sometimes cold,) arnica/Traumeel cream, acupressure.

I would get muscle cramps in my legs that make me wake up screaming until I found theraworks. It says on the bottle that it works for spasms as well. Walmart, Amazon and other drug stores carry it. You can put it on to avoid or when you're getting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back