Eli75

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IR
Hi everyone
I have been going through hell recently and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have had burning sensations in legs and pins and needles in hand? i've had prickling feeling on my forehead and tingling on my cheek.
My bloods keep coming back clear. I have had a spine and neck xray and CT scan last week and am waiting for the results.
I have always suffered from anxiety but it has been more in episodes. I've started having panic attacks - i think this could be because of the health anxieties.
I have debilitating fatigue at times, i'm not so bad today but yesterday i was wiped out.

my doctor has prescribed sertraline - i have never taken an anti depressant before and i am scared to try it.

My mother has fibromyalgia and it took her 10 years to get a diagnosis.

I sometimes feel in my gut that i do have it but i guess i'm in that awful stage where more serious things need to be ruled out, especially with the parathesia symptoms.

I'm feeling so low, sad. i just want to run around the garden with my 5 year old girl and be happy and fun. I feel like crying constantly. my back hurts today, my shoulder, my knee. i've had burning in my thigh - thats new - it was my left calf last week and now its my right thigh.

What is going on? i feel like i'm going mad. If anyone could share their story if it sounds similiar to mine it would really help me.

thanks

You're not going mad. You are in a bit of a health crisis, and so of course you are scared and upset, but you can learn to deal with this, no matter what it turns out to be, so take heart.

I have had that sensation you describe in my legs and hands, and other people have as well. It's not uncommon for Fibro. but you won't know for sure if that is what you have until you get a DX.

There are proactive things you can do now, though, that will help you no matter what your condition ends up being, and I suggest that you put the energy you are putting into worrying about this into those things instead. It will help with the depression, although I'm not saying it will make it go away. You can see my list of things in many places on this forum but if you don't have energy to look that up I will repeat it here for you.

Take joy in your child, in sunsets, anything you can, and try to stay calm. Best of luck to you. We are here to support and help!

Hi,
My Mom has Fibro as does my twin and myself, with different levels for each of us. The Fibro is hereditary I'm sorry to say.
I have the same symptoms as you and I have to say the crawling sensation in my face drives me nuts. The pins and needles and burning is mostly in my legs but moved around as well. I found that taking a B complex supplement helped as well as a CBD capsule.
Hope this helped in some way...

Hi Sunkacola,
You mention that " but you won't know for sure if that is what you have until you get a DX.'.....
I am wondering what is a DX please .... Sometimes we in Australia have different words for things and I'm checking your meaning.

Hi Revgran, welcome. I'm from Australia too. I know what you mean about DX, I was a bit confused too, but I believe it means DIAGNOSIS. I hope that helps. What part of Australia are you from? I'm from Victoria, the place with 500 seasons in one day. And you can imagine what all the weather changes do to our pain.

Sorry Revgran, I just saw that you are from Victoria as well. 😊

Hi Sunkacola,
You mention that " but you won't know for sure if that is what you have until you get a DX.'.....
I am wondering what is a DX please .... Sometimes we in Australia have different words for things and I'm checking your meaning.
Sorry! DX is just short for diagnosis. :)

Thank you everybody,
and Hi to my fellow Victorians... WE are having a torrid time with Covid at the moment, although small stuff by some standards I think.
But I'm from West Gippsland... I love where I live. Apart from Fibro Diagnosed in 2005 and I also have very bad Arthritus diagnosed in the early 90's. I lost both my knees to tin ones 17 years ago. Now one of them needs replacing. It has forced me into an earlier than expected retirement. Thanks for your responses. :giggle:

I want so badly to travel to Australia. It has been on my list for a long time. I was starting to tick places off my list as of this year, having finally saved up enough money, and gotten my financial situation in a stable enough place that I can take one trip per year. I bought all the tickets and everything to go to my first place, and then Pandemic happened. A huge amount of money lost because no refunds and the trip insurance refuses to pay because they don't happen to list "pandemic" among their reasons they will pay, and they won't pay even though the country I was going to closed its borders a month before my trip and still has not reopened them, so it was impossible for me to go.
I am very angry about this but there's nothing I can do and the financial loss is very hard to absorb.

Now I don't know if I will ever get to travel. I am glad you love where you live, Revgran. Maybe some day things will change and I can still make that trip. But I am not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back