Not open for further replies.

fibropartner

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
derbyshire
I joined this group/forum as my partner Lynn has Fibro I don't but we both have to manage it, we are after all partners, I wish I could take the pain away and own it for her but I can't, what I can do is be the best support I can possibly be.

Welcome to the forums, fibropartner. Is really nice you are taking such an active role in the management of your partner's disease and pain. Your partner is a really lucky person, because most of the time the hardest part of fibro is not being understood by the others around you. Kudos to you for joining the forum :)

Fibropartner,
welcome and what a wonderful gift to give your friend. Joining gives you both the experience of learning more about fibro, and ways to help make life with it easier for her and ways to understand the symptoms better for you, so you can help her deal with it better. :)
Please feel free to ask any questions and answer others as well. Take time to read through the different sections including back posts as all have ideas on new coping skills and also medications and side affects.

This forum is also a way to make new friends who totally understand what your friend is going through and so now she has not only you, but all of us to help her feel better on bad days and to just be here to offer support when pain and depression set in. You are a very special friend indeed! :)

I joined this group/forum as my partner Lynn has Fibro I don't but we both have to manage it, we are after all partners, I wish I could take the pain away and own it for her but I can't, what I can do is be the best support I can possibly be.
This pretty much sums up the way I feel and why I am here. I'm learning that it's not easy to see someone you love go through so much pain while being able to do so little to help. I'm using sites like this to educate myself on fibro because it is one of the things I can do to help.

"I wish I could take the pain away and own it for her but I can't, what I can do is be the best support I can possibly be." That really hits home with me and is how I've felt so many times.

Wow, you are amazing! I can't tell you, how many posts I've read here, where spouses, friends, family did not understand the problem or were downright rude about it. You can probably even do a quick search on these forums for threads that speak of unsupportive family networks. You are angel. Your partner is very fortunate person. Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to look around, for any hints, suggestions that can help make the life of your partner easier during this difficult and most painful time.

Well done to you, it's great to hear your empathy. I have been blessed with a brilliant, caring husband.
The best thing you can do is to "be there".
There are times when things go along woderfully for a while then the pain wall hits.
I have found soaking in a bath with 10 cups of Epsoms Salts 3-4 times a week helps. I started an anti inflammatory diet about a month ago & my hubby started with me. What is great with that is while he is helping me - he is also getting the benefits as well.
You sound like a wonderful person & I am sure your partner feels this way . Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back