People don't believe me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for replying!! I'll definitely start journaling. I had another friend tell me to do that too. I just never did. The only reason I tell anyone I'm not feeling well is bc they're on me for not attending my AA meetings or showing up at church like I did when I was off of work. Now that I'm back part time they all think "you're only working part time...you should be able to make a few mettings a week and church on Saturday." I also hear "you drank and drugged when you didn't feel good, you can go to meetings when you don't feel good!" I want to strangle them!! I ended up addicted BECAUSE I didn't feel good!!!! They just don't understand. Getting and staying off addictive medicines has been tough but dealing with fibromyalgia is so much harder!!

I'm so sorry to hear those people tell you awful things like that :( That is so rude! Incredibly rude and I don't blame you for wanting to strangle them. Actually I admire you stand all that. If it was me I think I'd just snap at them.

I think you'd really benefit from journaling, specially after having one of those bad days :) I am no longer doing that daily, but only when I have a specially bad day. God, it makes you feel so good! The more honest, sincere and crude you are the better. Journaling has definitely kept me sane last two years.

I hope you feel better soon, I also deal with depression and know how hard and lonely it feels at times. But you are not alone, if you need to talk you know where to find us :D

Hi Karen, I've got my fingers crossed for your disbility. That would be a huge relief. Please don't give up on your future. Your RN lisece I'm sure is important to you but it is not your only option for the future. Let's face it, even if you had a Ph.D. It wouldn't help right now, if getting of the sofa is too much anything you do is going to be too much. You will get this under contro and when you do you can regroup and decide what will work for you. Nursing can be emotionally fulfilling but unless your completely desenceatised it is draining too. There are other places to apply your skills, but don't worry about that until it's time to cross that bridge. (Maybe you'll find a position working with fibromyalgia)!
If your parents would flip their lids then don't bother telling them! They clearly love you or they wouldn't be helping. Some people just don't know how to show their emotions, so they don't show anything. Some are just so self involved they have nothing left to give (but money). Either way don't let other people's bad behaviors affect your behaviour. Your parents may find it to hard to accept you have this disease, exspecially if they are familiar with it, so rather then accepting it they are denying it and demanding you do the same.
Keep us posted on your disability. And remember even if it gets denied its not over.

When that kind of things start happening and the society begins tu show you its back it becomes harder for us to assimilate things because we donthave anyone by our sides helping us and giving us support, there is where things like alcoholism and drug addiction come in game and start finishing you off completly, you gotta somehow get some willingness out of nowhere and try to make of yourself a better person instead of destroying yourself every time more, think about all the things you could be, try to somehow take advintage of your situation and do not let it take advintage of you.

I am dealing with most of the same problems. I will be praying for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back