Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
PA
I haven't searched the Forum - so this may very well have been touched on - but it's well bad today and I'm getting a little freaked out...

Does anyone experience the feeling of almost an electrical current going through their fingers, tongue, head, etc.? Almost a tingly, pins and needles type feeling - that accompanies the typical fogginess and, right now, a really bad headache ...

Just turning my head makes my fingers, toes and head sort of feel like I'm sticking my hand in an electrical socket.

Am I nuts???

I am new here but can relate to the pins and needles feeling. I sometimes get this freaky creepy crawly feeling on my scalp and if I am cleaning house I sometimes get this weird head crushing feeling. I really hate this disease and wonder if I will ever be normal again. St least it's helpful to know you're not the only one.

I get tingling in my hands & feet that sometimes progresses to burning. It's mostly confined to my hands & feet, but
occasionally travels up my calves & forearms. It never does that separately, but always together. When it's just my hands
& feet, it's more my left hand than right & always feet together. Hands & feet not usually together. In other words, no rhyme
or reason. Not that there is any with fibro at all anyway.

Every day and night! It is aweful. I take 600 to 800 Mg. of Ibuprofin at night so I can get through it. I know that it is not good to take that much Ibuprofin, but I can't deal with it.

I haven't searched the Forum - so this may very well have been touched on - but it's well bad today and I'm getting a little freaked out...

Does anyone experience the feeling of almost an electrical current going through their fingers, tongue, head, etc.? Almost a tingly, pins and needles type feeling - that accompanies the typical fogginess and, right now, a really bad headache ...

Just turning my head makes my fingers, toes and head sort of feel like I'm sticking my hand in an electrical socket.

Am I nuts???

Foggy is a given with fibromialgia, electrical feeling, for some, myself, mostly burning sensations. ( your not alone). Do you have A blood pressure cuff? Check it when your feeling this way.

Thanks for commiserating - I was starting to get freaked out about it but I should know better. Fibro always seems to be the culprit.

Hsmommy - it's more my left side as well ... in general, my left side hurts more, which doesn't make sense because the right is my dominant side.

Shaddow, I get a head crushing feeling as well! You're not alone. I always wish I could just be normal - or at least pain-free and comfortable for a day. I just never feel good - that's all it comes down to and it sucks.

Harpert - are you taking anything other than Ibuprofen for your Fibro?

Moe, interesting that you bring up blood pressure because it was checked yesterday and was really low. Is yours the same?

I get horrendous tingling and burning in my lower back and in my sacroiliac area. I do not know if it is caused from Fibromyalgia or from the fact that I have bulging discs. I get numbing sensations in my right upper arm. Sometimes I get tingling going all down my right leg and into my right foot. I wish that somebody could tell me if this is from FM or from the bulging discs. Doctors dismiss the fact that I have bulging discs. I, most certainly, can relate to the tingling and stinging that you have. It drives me nuts! The best to you!

I take amitryptiline (25 mg) every night and that seems to help with the tingling and even pain a bit.

I started taking it to help with sleep - it doesn't keep me from waking up but helps be get back to sleep when I do wake up. Apparently, it helps with pain too because when I ran out in between prescriptions my pained went way up. That amazed me because my pain is pretty high.

I used to get a lot of tingling down my arms & legs - it's only occassionally now, usually when I am overtired or flaring.

I get pins needles that vibrate like a pneumatic drill and causes terrible burning pain and then weakness in the muscles. I get it all over and most of the time. It used to only happen when I was stressed but now its stuck on like a switch got flicked.

Thanks for commiserating - I was starting to get freaked out about it but I should know better. Fibro always seems to be the culprit.

Hsmommy - it's more my left side as well ... in general, my left side hurts more, which doesn't make sense because the right is my dominant side.

Shaddow, I get a head crushing feeling as well! You're not alone. I always wish I could just be normal - or at least pain-free and comfortable for a day. I just never feel good - that's all it comes down to and it sucks.

Harpert - are you taking anything other than Ibuprofen for your Fibro?

Moe, interesting that you bring up blood pressure because it was checked yesterday and was really low. Is yours the same?

Emma,

Just a thought...do you have any herniated discs in your neck/back?

Emma,

Just a thought...do you have any herniated discs in your neck/back?

Not that I know of, no. I do have osteoarthritis in my lower back but I think that may be common among Fibro sufferers.

I get terrible headaches (like I have right now), and I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

My one doctor suggested carpal tunnel, but it's not just my fingers/hands ???

Not that I know of, no. I do have osteoarthritis in my lower back but I think that may be common among Fibro sufferers.

I get terrible headaches (like I have right now), and I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

My one doctor suggested carpal tunnel, but it's not just my fingers/hands ???

Hmm....I don't think that sounds like carpal tunnel either.

I am prone to migraines as well. I know that when my shoulders tighten, my neck pain gets worse then bam....here comes Mr. Headache.

I hope that you find as answer soon.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and this board definitely got my attention as this is something I feel 90% of the time. I experience it most in my arms and face, and usually the facial tingling comes with feeling like I smeared glue all over and let it dry; an odd tight feeling.
I, too, have had issues with bulging discs in my neck in the past, so I had that ruled out. It's been chalked up to a (scary, uncomfortable and distracting) fibro symptom. Perhaps many of you are experiencing the same. Honestly it freaks me out every time. Been happening for almost 4 months now.

I have no disc problems. Just the annoying tingling/burning.

Any of you who have the tingling burning....do you have diabetes as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back