Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
new jersey
Hi everyone:)

I was just diagnosed today with Fibro. The main problem I have is the most extreme fatigue you can imagine, no matter how much sleep or rest I get. I find myself becoming so depressed because I can't function normally" that I just don't care about anything that used to matter to me when I was well. Does anyone else suffer with depression from being so ill? I am sorry I cannot get into more details about how badly I am feeling. It has been so difficult to function with this and being diagnosed does not bring me relief! Can anyone relate to what I am feeling?:oops:

I think everyone who deals with fibro and with any type of illness that prevents them from doing things they love is going to suffer from depression. Not to mention the pain from our muscles but all the other symptoms and the way families and friends often treat us as if we are making the whole thing up. Yes we understand and feel your pain.
I would suggest if it becomes overwhelming that you speak to a counseler that can help you by teaching you coping skills and relaxation exercises that will give you a better outlook on life. If your income is low visit your local gov mental health office. They generally go by a sliding scale according to income and if it's low or none it is nearly free. I hope you will keep coming here so that other members can help keep your spirits up and encourage and support you through your journey. :)

Hi everyone:)

I was just diagnosed today with Fibro. The main problem I have is the most extreme fatigue you can imagine, no matter how much sleep or rest I get. I find myself becoming so depressed because I can't function normally" that I just don't care about anything that used to matter to me when I was well. Does anyone else suffer with depression from being so ill? I am sorry I cannot get into more details about how badly I am feeling. It has been so difficult to function with this and being diagnosed does not bring me relief! Can anyone relate to what I am feeling?:oops:

I am really sorry to hear about it. Fatigue is a symptom of the disease, so we need to fight to avoid depression and situations that make us feel even worse.

Yes, I also suffer from depression due my disease (sadly I've been diagnosed with other things too), so don't worry, there is nothing wrong with feeling depressed after a major diagnosis like this one. It's very normal, it's ok to feel sad, it's ok to cry... it's ok to feel sorry for yourself... you do need some time to mourn. But try not to dwell too much in that sadness, don't allow into become your new reality, it must be a transitory instead, otherwise you will fall into a really deep depression. Don't worry though, no one has said there is a limit for how long you need to mourn. You need to take your time, do it at your own speed... everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back