Podcast doctor looking for people interested to be interviewed or have their questions discussed, or have their stories shared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtohelpfibro

Reason
Practioner
Diagnosis
00/0001
Country
US
State
WI
I am looking for guests on my new Conquering Your Fibromyalgia podcast that was started a couple of weeks ago. Podcasting is new to me and up to now I haven't done any interviews but hope to in the future. My goal is to give much-needed information on fibromyalgia, inspire with hope on getting better, and equipping you to live the healthiest you can with fibromyalgia and related problems. I am open to topics related to fibromyalgia that could be discussed. If you would prefer to ask me a written question instead of being interviewed for the podcast that could be done as well. I also would give you a copy of my book to read ahead of time. You can reach me through conversation or here if you prefer.

Hi Dr Lenz,

You might find that you get more engaged responses if you share a little of your insight! Having a look at your website and the information about your book that's out there, I was unable to glean much about your approach beyond that you advocate for a plant based diet and exercise. Because there isn't much of a sense of what your book might have to offer - and indeed what fibromyalgia sufferers might gain by collaborating with you - your proposition is perhaps a little less compelling than it could be.

The statement in your first podcast, "For many people with fibromyalgia, it may be surprising to you, but you eat less healthy than the average American", struck me as a little jarring, and perhaps an alienating way to approach your demographic? While this may be the case for some sufferers, it certainly doesn't apply to all, and I would be curious to know more about the data you are drawing from. You go on to cite average vegetable consumption per week for fibromyalgia sufferers as only three to four servings per week - could you please indicate your sources?

My interest was piqued by your mention of high activity levels earlier in life before fibromyalgia manifests, and then your assertion that fibromyalgia sufferers often need more than an hour exercise per day. Again, can you share any data on this, or insight that helps us get a sense of your perspective? I understand that you ultimately want people to buy your book, but if you hold your cards too close to your chest, your audience may not feel bold enough to take the leap!

Thanks

Dr Lenz,

Your post from this morning has not appeared for two reasons. One is that you included two outside links in your post, which I believe you have been previously been told is not permitted on this forum. If you continue to post outside links, your ability to post here may be compromised.
The second is that you are primarily promoting your book, and that constitutes advertising which is also not permitted.

I also agree with Jemima that it is a big assumption to make that many people with fibromyalgia do not eat in a healthy way, unless you are saying that many people in general do not eat a healthy diet, which can be said to be true. Where did you get the data to state that average vegetable consumption for people with fibro is only 3 to 4 servings per week? What study have you done, or are you referencing, to make this statement?

I noticed that you said in your post that you didn't want to type out an answer to Jemima's question about how you obtained your data, because you didn't want to do that much typing, but then after that statement you wrote several paragraphs that promoted your book. May I suggest that, instead of writing paragraphs about how good your book is, you take the time to actually answer Jemima's (and my) question about your data sources? I believe you have been asked this previously and have not answered then, either.

I think we would all like to know what studies you yourself have done, or have participated in, or that others have done and you are referencing.
If what you say is backed by scientific studies, then you shouldn't be reluctant to cite those when asked, and what you say has the weight of evidence behind it.
If you cannot cite any valid peer-reviewed scientific studies, then what you say is opinion rather than fact. I 'm not saying opinion is not good, but it is very different from something to be taken as proven fact.

Thanks, Sunkacola, and agreed. Of course, we do support all the advocates out there - and supportive voices with expertise to offer are immensely appreciated. It's just helpful to be presented with a sense of validity of intention and understanding before any of us choose to invest - either emotionally or financially - because goodness knows this condition demands enough of us already!

Feel free to email me some time
Sorry for violating rules . It was unintended and would be happy to send you both a copy

Feel free to email me some time
Sorry for violating rules . It was unintended and would be happy to send you both a copy
Thank you, but I am not requesting a copy of your book. Rather, we are requesting that you validate some of the things you have been saying by citing references. This is not a big ask. I cannot help but wonder why you show such reluctance to do this, unless you actually do not have any references to cite.

hi. i have inner tremor with fibromyalgia. i am finding it hard to deal with. can you advise?

hi. i have inner tremor with fibromyalgia. i am finding it hard to deal with. can you advise?
Hi Tobycats,
You will find that more people will respond to you if you start a thread of your own to ask this question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back