Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Good Morning :) Has anyone on here heard of Polymyalgia?? I heard of it through another support group and it was an interesting read.

I have heard of it, and if anyone is interested they can look it up online. there is a lot of info on it on the internet.

I Have has polymyalgia rheumatica for about 8 years. It is an autoimmune disease and prednisone has helped me with it somewhat.

How long did you have to do the prednisone?

Steroids are not good for you. Look it up. Be careful.

Steroids are not good for you. Look it up. Be careful.
Steroids are very bad for a person, especially long-term. Avoid them. The body can become addicted to the artificial adrenaline they produce and stop being able to produce it. then you are in a real pickle, and some people don't ever recover.

I've been taking prednisone in different doses for about 8 years. It has been prescribed by my rheumatologist and my primary care physician.

My dad has polymyalgia and he has also used prednisone for many years. They tried to take him off the prednisone a year or two ago but he cannot find anything else to help to manage the symptoms as well so he made them put him back on it. He is in his 70's and has had some other health issues especially heart related and had a mild stroke recently. But even with all that he manages to be in relatively good health and is very active and does a ton of exercise (like half marathons four time a year).

Proud of your father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back