Post operative nerve issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

FibroWarrior_

Hi, all I was dx with fibro around 15yrs ago, I have had 2 ops in the last year on my right hand due to osteoarthritist, on both occassions i have been left with nerve isse, the 2nd op was to sever the nerve to my hand despite this i still have nerve pain. has anyone experianced a long reovering due to nerve issues post op?

Hi, FibroWarrior - I can imagine this mess due to having all three pain types - "nociceptive" from the osteoarthritis, now "neuropathic" from the nerve issues due to the op plus "nociplastic" exacerbating both from the fibro. Sorry to hear it! Do you regret it, or was it nec.?
What do all your docs say - is the time it's taking normal? Are you getting meds? Have you tried supps for neuropathic pain?

Well as I’m in more pain now than I was before the 1st op a year ago & unable to return to work I very much regret it!

The surgeon is at a loss & suspects further neuromas have developed after the 2nd op. He feels I need further ops but is reluctant to do anything further due to the issues & poor recovery.
I have asked to be referred to a rheumatologist as I’ve not seen one for years & I suspected the fibro is very much at the root of this, I’m hoping they may be able to shed some light into it. Thanks for reply I shall look into the types of pain you mentioned

I am on pregabalin

Phew, I wdnt want to be in his situation, but then it's also your decision...
I just read very recent studies (this month) about docs recommending their colleagues to be more humble about making decisions, as there is a high degree of uncertainty about diagnoses and these sorts of decisions, so they should take patients' inclinations into account more. Our bodies aren't easy, so medicine isn't.
The pain types probably won't help you, apart from neuropathic pain being something you can look for meds, supps & herbs for.

Well as I’m in more pain now than I was before the 1st op a year ago & unable to return to work I very much regret it!

The surgeon is at a loss & suspects further neuromas have developed after the 2nd op. He feels I need further ops but is reluctant to do anything further due to the issues & poor recovery.
I have asked to be referred to a rheumatologist as I’ve not seen one for years & I suspected the fibro is very much at the root of this, I’m hoping they may be able to shed some light into it. Thanks for reply I shall look into the types of pain you mentioned

I am on pregabalin
I am so sorry you have been through this. I don't have words of wisdom for you, I just wanted to write and tell you that I really feel for you and wish I could help. Obvious to me, you are very strong internally to have come through this. I hope that you can find the right things to do for yourself and your health so that you can feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back