Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
WI
I had severe body pain after delivering my baby.
Thought it was a fibro flare up. Turned out some of the pain was from a progesterone birth control pill they had just put me on. Anyone having pain that might be somewhat attributed to hormone pill side effects? Stopping the pill resolved that flare up.

I am experiencing the same thing. Delivered aug 17, 2014. Pain is a lot worse. Delivery was horrible which I expected. Not sure if epidural caused pain in my legs to be worse. Dr sending mr back to neurologist. My pain is definitely worse post partum. Had some bad glares during pregnancy too.

I am sorry to hear about that, I guess that the body is put under so much stress that the pains increase, with time things are supposed to get better no?

I was going to say. If the symptoms are only appearing after childbirth then it might be a good idea into looking into other probabilities too. The stress of childbirth takes its toll itself, so you mistake initially mistake it for Fibro.

That is true, birth is one of the most stressful events so the body needs it's time to recover. It doesn't mean that it's not fibro, but it might be misleading.

I had and have fibro pre pregnancy for years. Wanted to know of anyone had the similar nerve sciatic pain on both legs after. The body pain I understand. The sciatic pain I'm confused. Maybe it is normal but I was just curious since I am having a Mars time recovering that's all.

I had severe body pain after delivering my baby.
Thought it was a fibro flare up. Turned out some of the pain was from a progesterone birth control pill they had just put me on. Anyone having pain that might be somewhat attributed to hormone pill side effects? Stopping the pill resolved that flare up.

I was on a combined pill, and yeah, my thigh pain was really bad, but now is much better. Contraceptives come with a lot side effects, now I double check every med I take....

Yeah, contraceptives are the worse if you ask me, not only to the body, but to the mind as well, it's wise to see what side effects the meds have, they are good for one thing, but bad for many others.

Contraceptives are notorious for triggering these fibro like symptoms. I think few people are really aware of just how bad these side effects can be. People are also not aware of just how common they are as well, to a point of being near universal in some cases.

Exactly and unfortunately this happens with a lot of medicines, the big pharmaceutical companies just want to sell and sell more drugs, they don't care about the side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back