Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi Everyone, I was given Prednizone just before I went on vacation, it wasn't given to me for Fibro but for asthma. I had the best vacation because of this Prednizone, I mean I did not have any symptoms of Fibromyalgia at all not even the stiffness. I climbed stairs and was very active and full of energy. I actually felt like I was sixteen again. But it was short lived because as soon as I had finished taking all the prednizone my Doctor prescribed the pain came right back again. Now I'm back to being an old lady again. My question is why does prednizone completely control Fibromyalgia to the point that you feel cured. I hope someone can explain this to me because it was a miracle. Thank you

My guess is because it's a corticosteroid and is supposed to treat inflammatory diseases, I'd not take it for too long two, that kind of meds are a double edged sword. I hope someone can come up with a better explanation, hehehe! But I really think it varies from person to person, for me it did nothing energy and pain-wise.

Steroids are not long lasting. You probably were at the limit before you would have started to notice negative results. Being a steroid its like your on borrowed time. It allows your body to run hard in order to beat off infections or in your case allow you to breathe better. Like i said long term use has terrible side effects. Did you sleep better while you were on it?

No I didn't sleep better, I actually kept waking up at the crack of dawn ready to start my day, and going to bed late. I thought it was because I was so happy and excited to be free from pain that I didn't even want to sleep. I know that prednizone is a bad drug to stay on because it has severe side effects, but I wish they could find something that works that good for Fibromyalgia

Steroids are not long lasting. You probably were at the limit before you would have started to notice negative results. Being a steroid its like your on borrowed time. It allows your body to run hard in order to beat off infections or in your case allow you to breathe better. Like i said long term use has terrible side effects. Did you sleep better while you were on it?

I just found out the eye drops my doc gives me every year to help me deal with my eye allergies are some kind of steroid :( I just read the booklet inside the book, turns out I shouldn't be using them for a long period of time or I could get some really nasty thing in my eyes! I'm not sure if it was glaucoma or something else. So yeah, super dangerous stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back