DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
MI
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the group as of today. For 8 years I have suffered from fibromyalgia, but was able to cope with my daily symptoms and pain with medication. But 3 weeks ago, I found out I was pregnant, and after speaking with my doctor, discontinued all medications for the safety of my baby. These last 3 weeks have been absolutely anguishing and close to unbearable. I constantly try to remind myself it's what is best for the baby and try to keep calm, but it's so difficult, especially when I feel like no one in my life truly understands what I'm going through. I have the most supportive boyfriend, family, and friends, but they still can't relate to what I am experiencing. I've reached out to my sister in laws and close girl friends who have children, and while they all share they had discomfort and pain during pregnancy, I become frustrated because I feel like what I am physically going through, has to be 100x's more excruciating than what they experienced.
I guess I'm just hoping to find at least one person that has been in my shoes, that can help me to feel a little less lonely on this painful journey. I always envisioned pregnancy to be an exciting and joyful time, and over the last few years I did ponder the fact that it might be a more difficult time for me due to fibro, but I just never expected it to be so severe so early on.
Any advice and natural remedies are graciously welcomed, as well!

Hi beautiful mother to be,

First, let me tell you that I am sorry for the stress and off course pain that you are experiencing. I am a mother myself but the child came first and the FM right after. So, I cannot not give you any specific insides. However, I want to share the name of a book that may be helpful. I started reading it 2 weeks ago, and as crazy as it sounds, the content of this book has shifted my view of FM but most important of all has diminish my pain to from 80% to 20%
Here is the name: The mind-body prescription "healing the body- healing the pain" by Jonh Sarno (MD). Let me tell you is a very old book but powerful. You can look the guy up and buy his books through Amazon. I know he has a later book but I want to be done with the other one first.

Let me shared that I tried antidepressant meds but they are not for me. I however use food as my medicine and I believe it has offered more healing that meds with no side effects. Have you considered b-12? Omegas? Propolis-real jelly? MSM? they are all natural and will support your nervous and immune system. The latest studies point at issues in the autonomic nervous system and more specifically at lack of oxygen in the mitochondrial at the cell level with causes the pain. I also read a research done in Israel on 2016 that showed 70% remission on patients with FB treated with the hyperbalic chamber as it provides deep oxygenation in all your body cells.
I am not if this help but I really wish it does and many blessings for you and your family.

Best of luck.

Julieth Cifuentes

Hi i cant help with the pregnancy part only to say i have fibro pretty bad and can only imagine how you might feel with pregnancy too.

I'm sure some people on here will be able to relate to you and will reply in time...many of us are older..Forgetmenot has a young daughter and is on here a lot so maybe she can help you.

Take Care of yourself.

I've got four wonderful children ,let me tell u. After the first 3 months I started to feel good.all my fibro went away .so,don't give up hope.
Some ppl feel great some don't,try to remember that everyday your pregnant is like running a full marathon.that fact.so the first 3 months are going to feel rough,chin up sugar ,plz ask anything u feel like x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back