Not open for further replies.

MamaNate

Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
Missouri
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for pain management while pregnant with FM? I am only 7 weeks pregnant, but I also have a 6 month old son. I went off meds when we tried getting pregnant with him, and I have been off everything since, which will be a couple years now. (I was on Cymbalta and Gabapentin.)

I see a chiropractor, get massages, stretch/do yoga, walk, take warm baths, and use a TENS machine -- and I'm still in a lot of pain. I'm still trying to avoid medication, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance,
MamaNate :wink:

It sounds like you're doing everything right. I was pregnant with fibro without being medicated too. I don't have any other suggestions. I did many of the same things you are currently doing. I was able to stay off meds by pacing myself and trying to take it easy. Are there any meds that your doctor says you can be on during pregnancy?

Thanks for your reply! Tylenol as needed, but what does that really do? LOL! (It doesn't really help me, and I don't want to take it daily.) I WILL take it if I'm having a rough day, but that's all they suggest. I will go and see my rheumatologist and see what they suggest, but I have no idea, besides drugs, if they'll have any natural suggestions.

Anyone tried Melatonin while pregnant? (To naturally get a good night's sleep/restorative sleep.)

Mizz - did you delivery naturally? Drugs? C-section? (Just curious, because I couldn't take the pain and mine ended in a c-section.)

Hi there! I used to take melatonin because I was having a lot problems trying to fall asleep at night, but I didn't feel a lot diference to be honest. I was told I might have needed a lower dose, and a lot more patience, lol. Right now I'm taking an amazing B complex that includes folic acid. It's totally amazing! WAY better than melatonin I assure you! I fall asleep as soon as I put my head on the pillow no kidding! I even take naps during the day! Before it used to take me 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep EVERY night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back