DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
US
State
CA
How do I activate private mail?

I tried going to the Control Panel, and then Edit Option, but don't see the PM option.

I don't think that it works.

If your looking for the private messages, go up to the left hand corner of the page and click on the User CP. This takes you to your personal page for settings and messaging. However, I do think it is necessary to have posted several times before the private message is available. Keep checking for it. It should show up under your user name on right hand side of the web page.

Thanks, 1sweed. I currently have 8 posts and do not have PM option. If the forum's Admins/Moderators have a more definitive answer, please let me know!

JobJobe33, I notice you have 16 posts. Do you have PM yet?

I have 22 posts and have PM option listed, but not sure when it started.

Any moderators around who might have the answer?

I believe it's on a time and post delay. Perhaps 15 or 20 posts. The reason we don't allow members PM immediately is that we've had occasion where spammers join the site and immediately start sending out advertisements for miracle cures. In order to protect our members we've implemented some of these features.

Cheers, David

If anyone else is wondering about this, I just wrote my 15th posting and noticed that I now finally have private mail option. And I have been a member of this forum for 4 months. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back