Not open for further replies.

zlamour

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
MA
So my physician and rheumatologist are having some problems finding meds that work. I can not take any opiates (this happened after the fibro started as before i could and it worked for a leg injury i had years ago, and before the fibro for TMJ again without any problems) as they cause the pain to increase instead of decrease. They have tried Tramadol, diclofenac sod, indomethacin er, ic imipramine, and Tylenol at all max dosage and they all dont work any longer, any one have suggestions of meds I should try asking the doctors about. I think there was one other med that i cant remember the name of, but it didnt work either. They all seem to work the first day or two then it just stops. My doctors have actually said they are not sure what to try next (hardest part being i have no insurance so i know they are trying to save me money from meds that most likely wont work too) so i just really dont know what to do any more and I am running out of smiles to keep showing my son and wife, because of the immense pain. any suggestions of things to try or to talk about with my doctors would be great. Oh I am also taking D3 daily too.

Since you have been diagnosised I would say ask your doctor about Gabapentin (Neurontin). Most any good pain reliever costs money, but at the lower level of mg's it can be affordable. I mean like 100 mg or 200mg. I also use over the counter Excederian Migraine. In combination these two help to cut my pain and allow me to get some things done that otherwise I would be unable to do. Many think that total pain relief is a good thing, but I tend to disagree. When you no longer hurt you will have a tendency to over do. It is harder to set limits for yourself when your so out of pain that your not aware that your pushing way to hard. But if most of the pain is gone, but your still aware that your muscles are hurting, then you are really in control of your illness.

On this forum under pain management many have offered different ways besides meds to cut out pain. Biggest is cut down on your stress levels and thus cut your pain. Stop multi-tasking and try and relax more. Watch funny movies for laughter is good and exercise slowly such as taking a nice walk without pounding the pavement or speed-walking. Soak in the tub or read books. work on a hobby that takes your mind off your pain. Enjoy time with family. Etc....

Ask more questions and we will do our best to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back