Psoriatic arthritis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bekind

Anyone else also diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis? I've had several symptoms since Fibro diagnosis in 2015. My blood work is normal.

does psoriasis run in your family?
what blood work, specifically, are you referring to?

Psoriasis does run in my family (my mother and grandfather both had it), and I asked specifically to be checked for that possibility (i do have arthritis, but not the type associated with psoriasis).
It is very rare to get that type of arthritis without a family history of psoriasis.

I don't have a lot of family info. There is arthritis is family but I don't believe RA. Grandma hands are deformed. Father has arthritis all over and getting knee replacement, Uncle had gout. I was diagnosed with psoriasis of ears by ENT in 2018. I have steroid cream and need it often. I've had recent diagnosis of OA in my back, I'm having hip pain, I've had diagnosis a synovitis in thumb and problem with foot needed brace in 2018. Lots of little things.

lots of little things that add up to a big thing.

OA can cause similar symptoms to RA and PA, but the only way to know for sure is to get checked out for those things.

I have OA in my hands pretty bad (and other areas), and there was some concern that perhaps it was an aggressive type, but after more x-rays they decided it was just regular OA... still not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back