Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I let the Dr. I'm seeing now talk me into trying Cymbalta again, I told him at least 10 times I had a terrible time with Cymbalta, and that my family has told me they noticed a change in my personality. For 6 months he's been tapering me off of pain medication 5 mg perc, with tylenol. He eventually wants me off it all together. I'm 56 yrs young, lol. And feel 80 some days. Some days it's all I can do to get off the couch. We all know the story, cronic pain, 24 7. The small amount of narcotics I'm on now just barely get me going. My Dr. Said it's good to feel pain, I will agree we need to feel some pain, but being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and told oh well, to bad so sad, get over it, pissed me off.
I'm so angry right now, I want to scream. I need to work, we've been living paycheck to paycheck, my poor Husband is the only one bringing money in, and I can't work what jobs are offered in my world, that being standing g on my feet all day with no break, and brain fog. So I'm forced into applying for disability, after all I need to feel pain because it's good for me. My husband told me to put his balls in a vice grip and tell him to get over it, because pain is good for you. Then these Dr.s blame it on depression. I say....#$×÷ off, and I hope you have to experience my life for the rest of yours.
I've been looking into the right to die with dignity laitly, being in continues pain has brought me to a new level of compassion. At the end of my discovery on the subject, I got to thinking, where is the dignity living in torment and pain not being able to barely do anything some days, just because We,/ I haven't been put in a wheelchair with oxegen, does not mean I'm any less of a person to recieve the help I need. What is that help? Pain medication! I'm sick of paying the tab for irresponsible drug addicts. I know, why don't we tell someone with a broken arm, oh well, it's good you feel pain, and we can't let you get pain meds because after all you may feel better, but how will we know if your pain is gone. This is so ludicrous! I'm fed up, I need a backbone, and a new Dr. With compassion.
Anyone else out there?

If you plan on filing for disability you better get going right now. I first filed in May of 2014, was denied twice, obtained an attorney and am still waiting on a hearing. I had a total shoulder replacement last October and the pain has been unbearable. I don't know which is worse, the pain I had before or the pain I have now. My surgeon moved to New York so I had to find another orthopedic surgeon. He is starting me on physical therapy July 5th. He put me on a prescription anti-inflammatory called Meloxicam and it has worked wonders. I was experiencing pain in both of my arms and shoulders but this medication has been a God send. My life is much improved. I think it even helps with the fibro. Of course I don't know if the Meloxicam alone is doing the job or if it is a combination of the other medications I am on. Anyway I wish you luck in what ever you choose to do. Stay strong.

Moe I'm so sorry your dealing with both the pain and a "dictor" that sounds like he's making things worse. I know how hard it is but please try looking for a real doctor. One with compasion and some knollege of our struggles.
I do agree that it's good to feel pain but only in the scence that it's an alert to a problem not as a chronic condition. This idiot doesn't know the difference. Good pain would be an ear ache alerting you to an infection. Chronic pain is actually damaging to our psych and is a constant reminder that something is wrong it's not your fault there is no cure for fibromyalgia and telling you the pain is good for you is his way of getting out of admitting his ability to help is limited to what he knows now and no desire to research further.
I swear I think these doctors think we are just looking for pain meds. and can't see beyond there own misconception.
I take it neurotin and muscle relaxers have been tried and didn't help.
Keep looking for help Moe, your answer may lie with the next doctor, nurse or even a stranger in the waiting room. Don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back