Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
HI
has anyone tried this device? my friend sent me an article about it and after reading customer reviews, i got one. it might have been an impulse buy but there's a 60 day money back guarantee so what the heck.

I've heard of it but never met anyone who used it - let us know what you think :)

I am actually really curious about this, and other items like it. When it comes to pain relief, anything that can provide relief is helpful and this is an element that you do not see a lot that can add another weapon against the pain. I have heard some rumblings about it at work but nothing from anyone who has used it. I hope that someone can shed a little light.

I've never heard of it, but I have used Tens units and similar devices in the past, and have received some relief from them. I didn't see a link, so I Googled it, and came up with this recent article from Consumer Reports Quell Might Reduce Chronic Pain Without Drugs - Consumer Reports It looks to be out of my price range, but that may not always be the case, so I'm interested to hear back from users, to see if it provided enough benefit to be worth the cost.

Links Not Allowed. Do a Web Search.

Last edited by a moderator:
i should be getting the device this week. i'm very excited to try it out. will keep you guys posted on how it goes!

btw i didn't know we were able to add links on this forum lol learn something new everyday =)

I didn't know we could add links either, that would be more efficient than telling people to Google xxx.

lol dk! it makes me feel better knowing that i'm not the only non-new member who didn't know this.

just received the device today and have been using it for half a day. it's too early to tell but so far it's easy to use and convenient. much like a tens unit but you can have it on you at all times and not have to worry about wires or walking around and going about your day. more to follow in a few weeks.

so after a month of using the quell device i wanted to give an update. i've been using it everyday for about 3-4 hour sessions daily, the suggested amount. for those who don't know, quell is a wearable pain relief device that uses intensive nerve stimulation, much like the tens unit, to block the pain signals from getting to the brain. to me it sounds like they're using the gate control theory of pain.

pros: it's easy to use, the battery (chargeable) lasts long, and it's convenient. what i love about it is that i can wear it on the go. for me it's been a good distraction from the pain, similar to the distraction i appreciate being submerged in water. on days or hours where the pain is too much for me to even rest, i put it on to distract me from focusing on the pain. on other days it keeps me distracted enough to be 'active', if that makes sense. i've noticed that i can do more overall in a day, not a magical amount, but enough for me to definitely notice. for example, i was able to start volunteering at the animal shelter, something i've been wanting to do for a while but just didn't have the energy or just too sick to do. now i'm able to go there a few times a week. i still crash when i come home, but the difference is that i can at least do it vs not doing it at all. it also has a great return policy if for whatever reason you want to return it. depending on where you purchase it from you have either 30 or 60 days.

cons: the only con i have is that the electrodes that attach to your body wears out after a few weeks so you have to purchase them every month or so. and they're not cheap, it's about $30.

notes: personally i think it's worth a try if you have the funds and you can always return it if it doesn't work for you for whatever reason. but do try it for at least a month because it took me a few weeks to see the results as it was very gradual. and also to discredit psychosomatic results. also if you're experience so much pain that even a tens unit was more painful than distracting, then i think the quell would not be for you. again, it's not a magical device that took away all my pain or my pain miraculously disappears once i put it on. i still feel it, but the quell distracts me from focusing on the pain enough for me to be 'active', like lowering the volume to hear yourself think. at least this has been my experience. for more quell user reviews go to fb, they have a page, search for quellrelief.

Hi dancingwithfibro......sorry to be a bit dim but how does it distract from the pain?

I get a funny vision of it vibrating or something that takes your mind off the pain.....ha ha.

Does it actually reduce the pain sensation and does it only work wherever you place the electrodes? So if all your arms and legs hurt will it help the whole area.

I haven't used a tens so am not au fait with how it feels.

Thanks

hi willow the electrodes are applied right below the knee, near the upper calf, on either leg. personally i found that it helps the whole area, including limbs. it does not take all my pain away, it simply reduces it a few notches which is enough for me to keep using it. the distraction is exactly how you imagine.. a small electric pulse vibration to keep my mind off the pain. at least that's how it's been working for me. i'm sure there's a more scientific explanation for this out there but with my simple mind, that's how i process it. lol hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back