Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
MA
I was diagnosed as "probably" having Fibromyalgia last October when i mentioned my aches and pains and anxiety and IBS to my doctor. He, however has no real experience with treating fibro so I've been trying to wing it on my own.
My symptoms now are:

overall fatigue

joint pain unrelieved by OTC pain meds (Advil, Aleve, Tylenol)

Random sharp shooting pains in the strangest places such as the tops of my toes, my upper arms, my forearms and my shins. Not necessarily in the joints but just random places on my body. Sometimes the pain on the top of my toes are so severe that I have to take off my shoe and rub them

IBS (diarrhea and constipation)

Anxiety (better since starting Lexapro)

Does this sound like fibro to you all? If so, what steps should I take to try to get my symptoms under control? Are there certain labs I should ask my doctor to do that might help me figure out how to treat these symptoms - especially this random pain that is very severe at times and really interferes in my daily life.

I am trying to diet and exercise a bit more but this pain and fatigue is holding me back.

I would appreciate any advice, tips, info anyone can spar.

thank so much!

Hi glm, yes, they all are symptoms. I'm assuming he did all the necessary bloodwork for you, (ANA, RF, DNSA, T4 & 3) to rule out other disorders?

The clinic I go to has prescribed Lyrica, but I do not want to take it, but I have an uncommon reason why. But its good that the Lexapro is working at least on the anxiety.

If your insurance allows, I would try and find a new doctor that does have more experience with fibro, if not, ask for at least a consult with a rheumatologist.

Pain is always tricky--I recommend looking at posts in the alternative therapies section. Recently someone has posted about Reservatrol and Rice Bran oil working for her. Another Salonpas pain patches. Exercise helps for some, not others. Some things will be trial and error. But I think you want to discuss anything new to try with your doctor, because herbals can interact with medication.

The diagnosis can be so difficult. It took nearly 5 years for me to be diagnosed with FM and I went through soany doctors who treated me like some kind of junkie drug addict. Like, I was faking my pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back